What did I do wrong?

upsman68

Ummm if the customer has questions, answer them. However if they want a direct number to call instead of talking to the service representative they have in front of them ( you, the driver) , do not give a private center number and politely give them the 1-800pickups and zero for the operator.

WE are instructed to leave the center number on info notice. Do you or do you let them call the 1-800 number.

DS

Fenderbender
bigmistake,

It seems to be you are a service provider who works with Integrity and not against him.
I
Who the hell do you think you are?
You come in here with all this righteous right and wrong crap
like you are superman or something,I respect your intentiions
but why do you feel you have to be the one that can fix things when
you are just like the rest of us?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who the hell do you think you are?
You come in here with all this righteous right and wrong crap
like you are superman or something,I respect your intentiions
but why do you feel you have to be the one that can fix things when
you are just like the rest of us?
DS,

I believe in right and wrong. Do you?

I am not Superman or something, I am Integrity.

You are partially correct.

Not everyone can be Integrity but everyone can work "with Integrity" and not against him.

If employees around the world would just do this, you would be amazed at what would be fixed.

"The Truth" can set anyone willing to accept and follow Him free.

Sincerely,

I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
DS,

I believe in right and wrong. Do you?

I am not Superman or something, I am Integrity.

You are partially correct.

Not everyone can be Integrity but everyone can work "with Integrity" and not against him.

If employees around the world would just do this, you would be amazed at what would be fixed.

"The Truth" can set anyone willing to accept and follow Him free.

Sincerely,

I

Every superhero needs a sidekick, "The Truth" is out there. Will he heed the call when the world needs him the most???

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I believe what he is saying is...if we all stuck tgether and did the right thing, we would not have to worry as the TRUTH STANDS TALL.

thessalonian13

3 weeks ago, delivering air and plane was late. We were informed to sheet lates as "X- Other" as reason for being late. I had a total of 6 lates that day and sheeted them as instructed.

At 12:30pm, I made a residential delivery. It must have been pretty important because a very pleasant lady was waiting for me. She asked me what time her package was supposed to be delivered by she asks, 12:00pm I replied. What time is it now she asked, 12:30 I replied. What happened she asked and I gave the explanation given me (plane took off, winshield cracked, plane had to turn around)

I then informed her as we failed, her delivery is free and informed her to have the sender make a claim. She thanked me and off I went.

Yesterday I arrived and got the wrath of god. Supv. was so unreasonable I had to break out my Weingarten card and proceeded to repeat myself 3 times. Supv. wanted to know if in fact I did tell the customer the reason her package was late and if I told to her to make a claim.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?
This person was planning to file a claim since she already knew when the package was supposed to be delivered, (12pm) and when it actually got there (1230pm). If she was the wife of a big-wig that owned a company that uses UPS, maybe this driver made a good impression by being honest. Also, was is a Weingarten card?

satellitedriver

295319959v6_225x225_Front.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
I had this big thing where I was quoting integrity and I had all this stuff writ
and I hit the ALT key and it dippaseared.
So I'll make this short.
Integrity meant a lot more 20 years ago.
Decisions that affect us are regional and to "stick together"we would have to know what was happening in every center EVERYWHERE.
I'm not convinced that the truth will change anything.

pinnocio.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
3 weeks ago, delivering air and plane was late. We were informed to sheet lates as "X- Other" as reason for being late. I had a total of 6 lates that day and sheeted them as instructed.

At 12:30pm, I made a residential delivery. It must have been pretty important because a very pleasant lady was waiting for me. She asked me what time her package was supposed to be delivered by she asks, 12:00pm I replied. What time is it now she asked, 12:30 I replied. What happened she asked and I gave the explanation given me (plane took off, winshield cracked, plane had to turn around)

I then informed her as we failed, her delivery is free and informed her to have the sender make a claim. She thanked me and off I went.

Yesterday I arrived and got the wrath of god. Supv. was so unreasonable I had to break out my Weingarten card and proceeded to repeat myself 3 times. Supv. wanted to know if in fact I did tell the customer the reason her package was late and if I told to her to make a claim.

One suggestion - don't play poker.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My wife was trying on a new dress tonight and asked me, "Does this make my butt look big?".
Truthfully, I told her yes it did a little bit.
She got mad and cussed at me and is not talking to me.
I guess i'll be sleeping where I am sitting tonight.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My wife was trying on a new dress tonight and asked me, "Does this make my butt look big?".

If you would have lied, you would have been terminated for dishonesty. So as usual, every answer is wrong.

brownedout

You should have done like the Abe Lincoln Geico commercial and just said nothing. Nope that would have got you busted also. Guys just tell her "You look great!" anytime you get that question. They'll be so taken aback by the compliment, they won't realize you haven't answered the question. Betty Browns don't rat us out to the "sisterhood".

UnconTROLLed

perfection

marriage

menotyou

bella amicizia

Besides not watching T.V. and seeing Abe Lincoln take one for the team, you inferred to your wife that she is fat. That is something guys should have learned in grade school. Never tell a woman she looks fat. I know you didn't say the word "fat", but she heard that word. We hear the words that aren't expressed verbally. Get up and tell her how beautiful she is. Then take her shopping for a new dress. A very expensive one. :wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Besides not watching T.V. and seeing Abe Lincoln take one for the team, you inferred to your wife that she is fat. That is something guys should have learned in grade school. Never tell a woman she looks fat. I know you didn't say the word "fat", but she heard that word. We hear the words that aren't expressed verbally. Get up and tell her how beautiful she is. Then take her shopping for a new dress. A very expensive one. :wink2:

menotyou, I can see you have yet to catch on to the subtlety that is Hoax. His parody of this situation was meant to show that the OP told the customer more than she needed to hear.

I suggest the OP not take a job as a used car salesman when he retires.

menotyou

bella amicizia
menotyou, I can see you have yet to catch on to the subtlety that is Hoax. His parody of this situation was meant to show that the OP told the customer more than she needed to hear.

I suggest the OP not take a job as a used car salesman when he retires.

I was thinking I was walking into some type of a trap, but I ran full speed ahead, anyways. It is subtle. Very smooth, actually. I like it. He is entertaining, as are you.:wink2: