What Do Package Drivers Really Appreciate For Christmas?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Our driver is really great and she always goes the extra mile. She knew I worked at UPS and I always gave her a big thank you every Christmas season.

I thought a gift would be kinda awkward . I thought about giving her a bottle of wine and a card. We give the mailman cash every season and everyone else food gifts .

What do you people appreciate for a holiday gift? Would it be okay coming from a retired UPSer?

Wanna show more appreciation than just a "Thank You."

ManInBrown

Our driver is really great and she always goes the extra mile. She knew I worked at UPS and I always gave her a big thank you every Christmas season.

I thought a gift would be kinda awkward . I thought about giving her a bottle of wine and a card. We give the mailman cash every season and everyone else food gifts .

What do you people appreciate for a holiday gift? Would it be okay coming from a retired UPSer?

Rich customer on my route gave me an expensive bottle of red every year. Cash or red wine. I was happy with either

Skull_Leader

Cash is probably best. Not everyone drinks (I don't)
I don't know how well you could know her to offer a more personalized gift (which is something I would vastly prefer over cash)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The most I've ever gotten was a box of candy, and that was from a habitual hsn shopper in a poor neighborhood. The rich folks really came through with a jar of jelly. The UPS store feeds us pretty well. I'm ok, as long as my checks deposit on time, though. I think tipping culture is out of control in this country anyway.

rod

Retired 22 years
The most I've ever gotten was a box of candy, and that was from a habitual hsn shopper in a poor neighborhood. The rich folks really came through with a jar of jelly. The UPS store feeds us pretty well. I'm ok, as long as my checks deposit on time, though. I think tipping culture is out of control in this country anyway.
Especially on the east coast---its terrible. If a person farts out there they hold out their hand for a tip.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist

I just started on preload in October, but I also have a business and UPS has delivered to me for almost 13 years. I have given gift cards to restaurants, Amazon, etc. Also have given wine, beer, but it just depends on the driver. This year our drivers bluetooth speaker crapped out and I got him a JBL Flip 5. He loves it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just started on preload in October, but I also have a business and UPS has delivered to me for almost 13 years. I have given gift cards to restaurants, Amazon, etc. Also have given wine, beer, but it just depends on the driver. This year our drivers bluetooth speaker crapped out and I got him a JBL Flip 5. He loves it.

Are you here just for the benefits? I'm not judging you-----a lot of people who are self-employed work here for the bennies.

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Are you here just for the benefits? I'm not judging you-----a lot of people who are self-employed work here for the bennies.
100%. They could offer me to work for free for 20 hours and give me benefits and I would jump at the chance. Many of the drivers have become family to me and now they are my enemies for not telling me about PT benefits sooner :)

oldngray

nowhere special
100%. They could offer me to work for free for 20 hours and give me benefits and I would jump at the chance. Many of the drivers have become family to me and now they are my enemies for not telling me about PT benefits sooner :)
The benefits are great for a part time job but a lot of people never take advantage of them.