What do "they" do with the thousands of Signed del notices???

satellitedriver

On a sig required pkg. Hit the DR button twice. If a SDN is allowed, you will see a field to type the persons name that signed the SDN. Hit enter. A screen comes up just like a DR and you note where you left it. A8's won't work this way, but many sig required pkgs do. If you are at a stop that is DR approved, but you don't feel comfortable leaving a pkg there and leave a notice.
If the customers signs it, follow the double punch rule and make it a SDN delivery. Just a way to cover yourself in "iffy" areas.
90% of the drivers know that this is the correct way.
The rest of us, well..... kinda wing it.

pkg-king

Don't write anything in the diad unless you are signinb for your turn-in. Writing SIN or SDN then typing the customers last name will get you fired and is falsify records. I find it funny how some don't see this.

satellitedriver

Don't write anything in the diad unless you are signinb for your turn-in. Writing SIN or SDN then typing the customers last name will get you fired and is falsify records. I find it funny how some don't see this.
Working as directed.
I have been told by three sups to do it that way.
In 21yrs it has never been brought up as a topic, much less seeing anyone fired over it.
Never have I seen a DF over this issue, either.
I presume, you will respond that management will roll me over and deny anyone directed me to do it that way.
It is trust, on my part.
I trust in my management team to back me up when I speak the truth.
This tactic has never failed me with 13 center manager's and multiple on road sups.
The simple reason being is that, I have earned their trust and they know I will not lie and expect the same from them.
Maybe it doesn't work that way all around the country.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm with Satellitedriver on this.
If you don't feel comfortable typing in SDN on your board and releasing the package DON'T
Some of us are comfortable helping the customer out and taking care of them.
You just have to use common sense.
I've done it for 8 years and havn't gotten a DF either
Depends on what it is and where it is

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
If I come across a signed delivery notice at a house and it's a signature required package, I simply write in "signed delivery notice" and leave the package. I have never had any repercussions after having done this.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm with Satellitedriver on this.
If you don't feel comfortable typing in SDN on your board and releasing the package DON'T
Some of us are comfortable helping the customer out and taking care of them.
You just have to use common sense.
I've done it for 8 years and havn't gotten a DF either
Depends on what it is and where it is

The diad wont let you do this, you guys are really walking the line here. Fine, youve been doing this for 39 years and no problem, but it only takes one claim to change all of this. Every mgr is different and maybe you would only get a slap on the hand at first but there are some drivers who would be nailed to the wall for dishonesty and forging. the diad asks for a signature..period. The customer is important, but they arent going to give a sh3t about you if you loose your job because you friend-up on leaving their package from the gap. Customers want the specialized service from ups, and you can be perfect 1000 times and the one time crap hits the fan, they really dont care about the previous 1000 deliveries, they will be calling the 800 number, and guess what...seeya.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Working as directed.
I have been told by three sups to do it that way.
In 21yrs it has never been brought up as a topic, much less seeing anyone fired over it.
Never have I seen a DF over this issue, either.
I presume, you will respond that management will roll me over and deny anyone directed me to do it that way.
It is trust, on my part.
I trust in my management team to back me up when I speak the truth.
This tactic has never failed me with 13 center manager's and multiple on road sups.
The simple reason being is that, I have earned their trust and they know I will not lie and expect the same from them.
Maybe it doesn't work that way all around the country.

If thats what they tell you to do then you have nothing to worry about, but for centers where this has NEVER been brought up, they can fire you for this...period. The diad will absolutely not let you do this, the diad wont take a sdn for a sig required stop, so whatever you put in the remarks screen orr the signature screen is bogus.

If thats what they tell you to do then you have nothing to worry about, but for centers where this has NEVER been brought up, they can fire you for this...period. The diad will absolutely not let you do this, the diad wont take a sdn for a sig required stop, so whatever you put in the remarks screen orr the signature screen is bogus.
That is simply not true. you can hit the soft key for DR twice and choose SDN, enter location code and you're done. You have a signature, it's legal.

A package with the ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED in person status usually has the photo id required and no indirect wording also and on those the diad won't let you use a snd.

barnyard

KTM rider
All of these "work arounds" for SDNs when a signature required package may work for getting around it, until there is a claim filed. As soon as the claim is filed, it will hit the fan.

The SHIPPER is demanding that we get a signature in person, they are paying additional for that little bit of info. It is up to us to fulfill that contract and get a real signature.

If it is inconvienent for the receiver, tough, we don't make the rules, we are doing what the paying, customer wants. If the receiver needs it, they can have it AC'd to a work address or to a friend/relative that is home during the day.

Every now and then, the local news does an "expose" on delivery companies and one of the things they report on is drivers living sig required packages without sigs. I would not want to be the driver that gets taped leaving a package without a sig.

TB

2Slow

That is simply not true. you can hit the soft key for DR twice and choose SDN, enter location code and you're done. You have a signature, it's legal.

Wrong. I tried to do SDN with a couple of signature required packages since this thread started. Not just the adult sig, but the regular signature level. DIAD will not allow SDN for these, therefore some form of falisification in the only way to do it.

I'm not gonna do it

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Years ago when we started to call stops resi's or commercial the signature on file(SOF) thing started. You would have the customer sign a form that allowed UPS to leave the pkgs without a signature. The form also had wording about no claims. Is this a district thing or is it used nationwide???

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
The diad wont let you do this, you guys are really walking the line here. Fine, youve been doing this for 39 years and no problem, but it only takes one claim to change all of this. Every mgr is different and maybe you would only get a slap on the hand at first but there are some drivers who would be nailed to the wall for dishonesty and forging. the diad asks for a signature..period. The customer is important, but they arent going to give a sh3t about you if you loose your job because you friend-up on leaving their package from the gap. Customers want the specialized service from ups, and you can be perfect 1000 times and the one time crap hits the fan, they really dont care about the previous 1000 deliveries, they will be calling the 800 number, and guess what...seeya.

One thing everyone is missing here, is that our first responsibility is to the shipper, they are the one contracted with UPS. They requested a signature and paid extra for it so we should get a signature no matter what the receiver wants. PERIOD! End of story....

Wrong. I tried to do SDN with a couple of signature required packages since this thread started. Not just the adult sig, but the regular signature level. DIAD will not allow SDN for these, therefore some form of falisification in the only way to do it.

I'm not gonna do it
Then your diad software must be different than ours. I did that very thing twice yesterday.
I agree that with a sig req, the shipper is requesting a signature upon delivery. You get that signature with the SDN. The S in SDN stands for signed. There is a small difference in sig req and adult sig req. Yet there is a difference. Until MY sup or center manager tells me I can no longer do this, I will continue to do it. As of right now, it is allowed.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
One thing everyone is missing here, is that our first responsibility is to the shipper, they are the one contracted with UPS. They requested a signature and paid extra for it so we should get a signature no matter what the receiver wants. PERIOD! End of story....

I agree with TRPLINK
Signature is on the SDN
Everyone just do what your comfortable with
I personally dont like to go back to the same place 3 days in a row
Unless I really really have to