what do we have to hide here?

22.34life

this thread seems like a good time to ask this question,what the hell is tos?when exactly is a post from a member deleted or censored.i think since i have been on here i have only had one post edited and i didnt think what i said was all that bad just the truth.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
this thread seems like a good time to ask this question,what the hell is tos?when exactly is a post from a member deleted or censored.i think since i have been on here i have only had one post edited and i didnt think what i said was all that bad just the truth.

TOS stands for Terms Of Service - in other words, the agreement you agreed to when you registered on this site.

The full TOS is here:
Terms of Service and Rules | BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

or you can navigate to it by clicking on the Terms Of Service link at the bottom right of the page.

A commonly provided summary is:
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, their occupation or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
TOS stands for Terms Of Service - in other words, the agreement you agreed to when you registered on this site.

A commonly provided summary is:
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, their occupation or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
But none of this applies to the "bike shorts" picture I posted, and which was quickly deleted.

tieguy

Banned
stevetheupsguy;773826 You ain't kidding. How many screen names can one aquire said:
If you had spent some of your life educating yourself instead of finding new ways to pose in your speedo's you may have known that I was being blocked on my primary ID and therefore had to create new ones to post here. Oh thats right software glitchs blocked three different id's on three different computers.:wink2:

tieguy

Banned

thats is a terrific question 22.3 and one I've been asking frequently lately.:happy2:

upsgrunt

Second - I do not work in communications - I am a manager in Customer Information Management (within the Information Systems structure) of a group of User Representatives that represent the end user of UPS.com applications such as Schedule a Pickup, Calculate Time and Cost, etc. Note: I have nothing to do with UPSers.com so don't bother asking me stuff about that site.

Sorry for the hijack, but I have a question; and I'm not trying to be an a-hole.
You mean to tell me there are employees, (more than 2), who monitor a completely automated information website, and managers, (more than 2), who oversee them?

Just curious

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Second - I do not work in communications - I am a manager in Customer Information Management (within the Information Systems structure) of a group of User Representatives that represent the end user of UPS.com applications such as Schedule a Pickup, Calculate Time and Cost, etc. Note: I have nothing to do with UPSers.com so don't bother asking me stuff about that site.

Sorry for the hijack, but I have a question; and I'm not trying to be an a-hole.
You mean to tell me there are employees, (more than 2), who monitor a completely automated information website, and managers, (more than 2), who oversee them?

Just curious
Hmmmmm? You knew they'd have a set of rules for THAT, as well.

how_to_sit.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Just curious

If that was directed at me, I don't know.

The video which P-Man provided a link to mentioned that there were 3 receptionists that did this part time and a manager that spent about 50% of her effort on this.
These are all people in the Public Relations function which is in the area they are looking for (as best I can tell).

tieguy

Banned
sounds like we should be able to trim some more fat in corporate.

the corporate shill alone will save us about 150,000 a year. How many web sites do we have shills planted on?

dillweed

OK, I'm on my first cup of coffee here so my buffer isn't awake yet. I'll admit I have read this ridiculous thread and have gotten some enlightenment from it.

I've always wondered how most management at UPS can be so clueless, so twisted and immature. I felt it was their "on the clock" behavior and that they were decent and thoughtful folks in general. Damn, was I wrong.

What I've seen here is childish and insane behavior. Taking things out of context, blaming, setting others up for trouble, whining, fibbing and just plain scary. I have to work for people with your mentalities every day and I've suffered the creepy, unprofessional abuse your kind dishes out.

You two have set a great example for UPS management. It's no wonder the company is in the stinking mess it's in.

I know this is an "off work" forum but personalities do come out and I'm sure they drift into your work enviroment. I don't imagine I work for either of you but certainly some of your kind. Thank goodness I read the writing on the wall years ago and have learned to disregard the garbage coming out of managements mouths.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OK, I'm on my first cup of coffee here so my buffer isn't awake yet. I'll admit I have read this ridiculous thread and have gotten some enlightenment from it.

I've always wondered how most management at UPS can be so clueless, so twisted and immature. I felt it was their "on the clock" behavior and that they were decent and thoughtful folks in general. Damn, was I wrong.

What I've seen here is childish and insane behavior. Taking things out of context, blaming, setting others up for trouble, whining, fibbing and just plain scary. I have to work for people with your mentalities every day and I've suffered the creepy, unprofessional abuse your kind dishes out.

You two have set a great example for UPS management. It's no wonder the company is in the stinking mess it's in.

I know this is an "off work" forum but personalities do come out and I'm sure they drift into your work enviroment. I don't imagine I work for either of you but certainly some of your kind. Thank goodness I read the writing on the wall years ago and have learned to disregard the garbage coming out of managements mouths.

Funny but I agree with you Dillweed.
I usually don't engage in these type of exchanges ... they are unproductive, don't facilitate an exchange of ideas and as you pointed out, they are ugly and make the posters look unpleasant.
Occasionally, you have to do things you don't like to do or at least you think you do.
Tieguy has been trying to goad me into a fight and I guess I let him do it but I did want to show him I could "fight my own fight" as he kept saying.
Like bullies in the schoolyard, once you stand up to them, they leave you alone. I hope this is the case here.

pretzel_man

Just curious

First, you should watch the video. It explains some. I had a chance to speak with her one day (I don't remember if it was this year or last year)

Here is my recollection and it may be flawed:

She said that there are three people that monitor social media. I believe they did so part time (this matches what she said on the video.

They use software that tracks conversations. If you look at the video she alludes to this. Many vendors sell this. I have seen examples of some of them.

They try to tell you (close to real time) what people are saying about you and if its positive or negative.

She said that if they see something that needs clarification, they may post as a representative of UPS.

One more thing.... She also told me something that I found good. On UPSers.com, there are places with links that say "submit feedback". This is a way to communicate back on topics. She is a proponent of that. You cannot do it anonymously.

If you go to the social media guidelines on UPSers.Com, you can submit feedback on that. So far 36 people have done so. At least half seem to be negative on the topic.

P-Man

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
Funny but I agree with you Dillweed.
I usually don't engage in these type of exchanges ... they are unproductive, don't facilitate an exchange of ideas and as you pointed out, they are ugly and make the posters look unpleasant.

you usually don't but you did this time?
Occasionally, you have to do things you don't like to do or at least you think you do.

someone forced you to do something you did not want to do?
Tieguy has been trying to goad me into a fight and I guess I let him do it but I did want to show him I could "fight my own fight" as he kept saying.

who goaded you into a fight when tieguy was blocked from the site and you still badmouthed me? Did your high moral character tell you it was ok to fire shots at me while my hands were tied?

Like bullies in the schoolyard, once you stand up to them, they leave you alone. I hope this is the case here.

roflmao and if you cant stand up to them fair and square block them from the site and fire cheap shots at them?

Need I say more about what is going on here with you?