What do you think about drivers who sort their truck off the clock?

Spanky250

Why would you? All they do is talk about how they’re working on the preload from getting misloads and yet you get them the next day anyway.

Ours are always just about how we suck at this and suck at that and they need our help with the numbers. I really don't feel like starting my day with that negative BS, so I just don't go.

Hot Carl

We have 2 a day. The one in the morning, and the 25 messages we get a day telling us not to use closed during 12 to 1 and other stupid *.
I sheeted two dental clinics closed between 12:00-13:00 because we pulled 30 minutes late today and I'm on a tough route this week and needed to keep up. They're never open on Fridays, but I fully expected a message in my board and it never came. I'm almost disappointed. I'm sure they'll make up for it by calling me into the office on Monday though.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I sheeted two dental clinics closed between 12:00-13:00 because we pulled 30 minutes late today and I'm on a tough route this week and needed to keep up. They're never open on Fridays, but I fully expected a message in my board and it never came. I'm almost disappointed. I'm sure they'll make up for it by calling me into the office on Monday though.
Take a vacation week.

quad decade guy

Just because you repeat the same thing over and over, doesn't make it true.

Please refer me to the thread(s).... where I ever said that.

I'll be waiting.
Just because you deny it over and over doesn't mean it's not true either. You admitted that "no-one will represent the "alleged" doorbell racist(whatever that means....)". Bingo. That guy never got a chance from the get go. Good bet YOU use politics, racism and hate against the very people you claim to represent. This is why you have pkg employees doing the things they are doing to survive. They have no confidence in their union representation......knowing they are pawns in a political give and take. No? I know better. Depending on what race, who you know(and blow) factors in (around here) the outcome of their case....racism is BIG around here. In our very Union...and it ain't just white on black.

quad decade guy

Ours are always just about how we suck at this and suck at that and they need our help with the numbers. I really don't feel like starting my day with that negative BS, so I just don't go.
So, you just do what you want? Are they optional? So, let's say you miss a verbal instruction and don't comply......causing whatever to happen.....what then? I've heard some pretty important things in PCM's and deliberately ignoring them......serious question.

They tell me it makes their day easier but I personally can't see myself doing that. The managers have gotten on to them before for doing that but they didn't listen so they just gave up. The earliest I've seen is some of them coming in at 8:00 a.m. and their start time is 9 a.m.
I use to setup my truck when i first started but over time i stopped that. i mind my own business and that works for me

Hot Carl

Well, it happened again today. Business-heavy route, 320 pieces, truck completely tossed when I got in. Didn't touch a thing until start time. Called for pickup help at about 3:00 while I dug out and ran down the last few business. Air meet at 5:30. On track to punch out after 9:00 local time. Keep this up and I'll never have hours left for Saturday.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Well, it happened again today. Business-heavy route, 320 pieces, truck completely tossed when I got in. Didn't touch a thing until start time. Called for pickup help at about 3:00 while I dug out and ran down the last few business. Air meet at 5:30. On track to punch out after 9:00 local time. Keep this up and I'll never have hours left for Saturday.
Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Steamer

That’s why when you achieve true 8 hour dispatch status, it’s so damn sweet. 1/2 hour break at 11, lunch at 1:30, 2 hours of pickups 1 hour of deliveries left. Absolute gravy!!!
Edit: I replied to the wrong 542 reply, so this sh** looks totally out of context 😂

Doesn't that just dump more work on the cover drivers?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just because you deny it over and over doesn't mean it's not true either.

What I denied.... was this.

Says the guy who admits to not fairly representing ALL union members.

You admitted that "no-one will represent the "alleged" doorbell racist(whatever that means....)".

What happened ?

Did you have to go back and re-read my post (#10) from your thread ?

Good bet YOU use politics, racism and hate against the very people you claim to represent. This is why you have pkg employees doing the things they are doing to survive. They have no confidence in their union representation......knowing they are pawns in a political give and take. No? I know better. Depending on what race, who you know(and blow) factors in (around here) the outcome of their case....racism is BIG around here. In our very Union...and it ain't just white on black.

I'm not even sure.... I can decipher this bizarre rant.

35years

Gravy route
Why do you think most of us have a start time that is 1/2 to 1 hr later then years ago?

Because they know drivers will come in early and sort off the clock.

Don't tell me preload can't get done on time...they start those guys later than they used to.

It is purposeful.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Why do you think most of us have a start time that is 1/2 to 1 hr later then years ago?

Don't tell me preload can't get done on time...they start those guys later than they used to.

It is purposeful.
That’s dumb. I clock in 2 minutes before start time.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

It is purposeful.
I don’t think it’s that. Drivers coming in early to sort their load is very minimal here. It’s more that management knows nobody wants to be out late, so they can save a few bucks by starting later and having most drivers run their backsides off to get in.