What does 804 members think about this contract.

bigd

Our supplemental is bad so bad that our elected officials are going around buildings trying to sell this deal to whoever listen to them, this are a few of the things we are getting;

1. Part timer member doing full time driver job for 6 months every year for less pay and no book acquisition .

2. One hour flex star time only for drivers.

3. During those 6 months if part timers work more them 50/70 they will not become full timer they will be prequalify
Whatever that means.

Vote no, vote no...

Every single 804 member I've talked to thinks it's good. And oddly enough every one also thinks your threads are bad.
Too you, sounds like you guys are not the trouble makers any more. Now it's have the company. Why because you guys are in a teamster plan, so now you are like i got mine so I'm good. But yours isn't that good. I heard you have cover drivers. I also don't think the whole local thinks what you think. Ron Carey would be rolling in his grave if that was the case.

804brown

Any parttimer who votes yes for the NMA with this huge change of health care would be a fool. Not one FT or PT I have spoken to are voting for it. As for the Local supplemental, FTers have been waiting for an increase in our pension for over a decade. The $400 increase to $4000/month is huge for FTers. The 100 new FT jobs for PTers is huge for them. The clerks are happy now with the fix to the layoff language. Our grievance procedure is fixed. The supplement will pass. Once the VCDs is explained correctly drivers agree it is a good thing.

Inthegame

Any parttimer who votes yes for the NMA with this huge change of health care would be a fool. Not one FT or PT I have spoken to are voting for it. As for the Local supplemental, FTers have been waiting for an increase in our pension for over a decade. The $400 increase to $4000/month is huge for FTers. The 100 new FT jobs for PTers is huge for them. The clerks are happy now with the fix to the layoff language. Our grievance procedure is fixed. The supplement will pass. Once the VCDs is explained correctly drivers agree it is a good thing.
1)If pt's were going into the L804 H&W would you think the same? Or are you concerned because the plan is patterned after the scary CENTRAL STATES H&W C-6.
2) Using your logic shouldn't pt's be pleased with the pension increases in the UPS plan?
3) The supplement will pass hands down.

Stratocaster

Here at local 804, we are voting no. I believe that the executive board is also pushing for NO VOTE on the National Master Agreement.