What does a fedex ground

vantexan

A switcher has to hit from both sides of the plate. If you know what I mean.

giphy.gif
I think you're thinking of an electrician. They work with AC/DC all the time.

bacha29

Man in a small truck switcher pull up and hook the trailers then put them in the dock doors
OK now. Look and you will see on the back of the truck something that looks like a plate. That is your "fifth wheel" There is a hole in the center of it. Under the trailer you will see a pin . When you back under the trailer the pin will side up through a channel in the 5th wheel and lock into a hole in the center of the 5th wheel. Be absolute certain that the pin is locked before pulling out. Most but not all switchers have hose connections running from the switcher to the trailer which connects lights and air brakes running from the switcher to the trailer. Then crank up your dolly wheels which supports the trailer when it sits unconnected to the switcher. When satisfied that all connections are in place you can pull the trailer out , stop go back to see if the trailer doors are closed. Make sure they are.

From this point onward it's all eye , feet, hand and ear coordination especially if you have an older switcher that has nonsynchronized manual transmission and or you have to park trailers in tight spaces.

When you have the trailer spotted where needed. Crank down the trailer dolly so that it is flush with the ground . Disconnect hose assemblies. Directly behind the fifth wheel is a rod with a handle on it. By pulling outward on the handle it will unlock and disconnect the trailer from the fifth wheel allowing you to pull away from it.

Again it all comes down to familiarization repetition, eye hand feet and ear coordination. yes you can do it but remember , you CLIMB in an out of the switcher. You NEVER JUMP in an out of one unless you happen to actually enjoy a lifetime of lower body pain.

bacha29

Who and why the was the word "hole" censored ? Now that PM 11 has convinced me to be a real person and is trying to better himself don't we owe it to him to try to help him to overcome his handicaps and become a self sufficient individual?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Who and why the was the word "hole" censored ? Now that PM 11 has convinced me to be a real person and is trying to better himself don't we owe it to him to try to help him to overcome his handicaps and become a self sufficient individual?
Anytime you put an “a” in front of “whole” the site automatically censors it.