What does MEAL / UNPAID mean?

WTFm8

I’m only 1 month and a half in the company. I may be in probation so I don’t want to take breaks.

That’s not how it works. If you can’t get done doing the job correctly, they’ll see that.

Most qualifying pack lunch and sort during lunch because load quality is trash. It’s common practice. Time allowance/dispatch is based on perfect conditions.

The day you’re qualified and sign the papers to note your seniority is the day you stop working during breaks, paid or unpaid.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That’s not how it works. If you can’t get done doing the job correctly, they’ll see that.

Most qualifying pack lunch and sort during lunch because load quality is trash. It’s common practice. Time allowance/dispatch is based on perfect conditions.

The day you’re qualified and sign the papers to note your seniority is the day you stop working during breaks, paid or unpaid.

He's in Canada. Rules there may not be the same.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Nice try. DOT doesn’t require any lunch if you’re not a feeder/CDL driver.
I am a feeder/CDL driver. Did you not read the part where I said UPS requires me to take more meal than is required by law? Well guess what, they also require package drivers to log a meal too. If I can get written up for not doing it then I don’t see how it’s any different when package doesn’t.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am a feeder/CDL driver. Did you not read the part where I said UPS requires me to take more meal than is required by law? Well guess what, they also require package drivers to log a meal too. If I can get written up for not doing it then I don’t see how it’s any different when package doesn’t.

Because it makes their numbers look good. We only get in trouble when it causes a problem, like a $22 million class action lawsuit. Seriously, they don't come right out and say it, but they don't actually want people taking lunch breaks.

Johney

I don’t know how you guys are getting away with not taking your meal. DOT only requires me to take 30 at or before 8 hours but UPS requires a full hour before you punch out. They can and will write you up for not doing so.
Nice try. DOT doesn’t require any lunch if you’re not a feeder/CDL driver.
Yeet is a feeder driver. Thanks for playing.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Because it makes their numbers look good. We only get in trouble when it causes a problem, like a $22 million class action lawsuit. Seriously, they don't come right out and say it, but they don't actually want people taking lunch breaks.
That's why I take every damn second of mine....there's enough idiots at ups that skip it.