What does Memphis do about this?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The author of the article said that, not the FedEx guy. People ought to remember more than a million men and women have died carrying that flag while fighting white supremacists in both the southern U.S. and in Europe. It may be protected free speech, but that one protester said they were protesting things that happened in the past. When are they going to look to the future? And protected speech means they can't be arrested, jailed, and prosecuted for it. It doesn't mean those that disagree with it have to allow you to do it. If FedEx doesn't stand up for their guy in a situation like this then they have absolutely no integrity left. I remember years ago a UPS driver used his truck to pin a guy against a wall who was shooting others. UPS fired him for improperly using his truck even though he was hailed as a hero who saved lives. That a corporation would put their self interests above doing the right thing is despicable.

Blah, blah, wave the flag. The right thing is to follow vthe law and allow free speech even if you disagree with it.

You're a hypocrite.

bbsam

Staff member
My point is that the courier was 100% wrong (from a FedEx and legal standpoint) even if flag burning was illegal.

bbsam

Staff member
Screenshot_20170127-103752.png

That's fascinating. A post where @MrFedEx rated "winner" and @Cactus went with a "disagree". Don't know that to ever have happened before.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think FedEx should do like UPS does when one of their management gets caught juggling numbers. Pretend like they are concerned, maybe give him some time off and transfer the guy to a different center. Personally I think the should make a bronze statue of him for their corporate office and put his face on the side of every FedEx truck as the hero he is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think FedEx should do like UPS does when one of their management gets caught juggling numbers. Pretend like they are concerned, maybe give him some time off and transfer the guy to a different center. Personally I think the should make a bronze statue of him for their corporate office and put his face on the side of every FedEx truck as the hero he is.

A hero for squashing free speech? I don't like flag burning, but our right to do so is the essence of what it means to be an American.

He should be fired. I guess you want free speech to disappear?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It happened 'around noon'. He could have been on lunch or paid 10 minute break.

The group did not have a permit from the Fire Department. Therefore, they were breaking the law.

Please. Don't toss out technicalities to justify what this guy did. In Beijing or Moscow, you go to jail or worse if you burn their flag. Is that what you want here?

Constitutionally protected free speech. Just like Mike Pence participating in anti-abortion activities today.

vantexan

A hero for squashing free speech? I don't like flag burning, but our right to do so is the essence of what it means to be an American.

He should be fired. I guess you want free speech to disappear?
Again, they have a right to express dissent through flag burning. He, as a private citizen, whether he gets fired or not, has a right to demonstrate his disagreement by extinguishing their fire. Free speech works both ways.

bbsam

Staff member
Again, they have a right to express dissent through flag burning. He, as a private citizen, whether he gets fired or not, has a right to demonstrate his disagreement by extinguishing their fire. Free speech works both ways.
He does not, under the law, have the right to stand in the way or prevent the expression of free speech.

In other words, he should likely be arrested.

Maui

He should be fired. He displayed a serious anger problem and violated Workplace Violence. He has the right to be upset and to say whatever he wants. He does not have the right to take others property or to start shoving people.

Separate what they were doing and evaluate his actions. He was 100% wrong and should face the consequences. One caveat, if he served in combat he could have PTSD and have seen the flag burned and been triggered. If so, he needs help.

MAKAVELI

I find it interesting that the same people who want to defend the flag as a sacred symbol which shouldn't be desecrated, are usually the same ones who defend KKK rallies as freedom of speech.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I find it interesting that the same people who want to defend the flag as a sacred symbol which shouldn't be desecrated, are usually the same ones who defend KKK rallies as freedom of speech.

Hmm. These wouldn't be the same folks concerned with illegal voters who want to suppress minority voters, would they?

I have a feeling I'm Kkkorrect.

vantexan

Who's defending the KKK? They are a very small group who most people find reprehensible. It's always someone on the Left making statements like yours that have no basis in reality but are always trying to paint conservatives a certain way.

vantexan

He does not, under the law, have the right to stand in the way or prevent the expression of free speech.

In other words, he should likely be arrested.
Under the law they are protected from arrest, prosecution, and imprisonment. They aren't protected from another citizen extinguishing their fire. If a scuffle happened afterwards it'll be up to the law to sort that out. Fighting is no different than if all these champions of free speech were smashing windows. What gets me though is this constant provocation by those who claim to be against hate. Biggest haters out there. Hypocrites.