What does psb stand for in the pickup screen

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just curious what this stands for..I have seen this code with a number behind it right under the shipper number in some of my pickups...it's on the screen where you put the amount of pkgs picked up..anybody know???

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a pickup this just starting showing up on. Tells me I'm supposed to scan the end of day barcode. Been making this pickup for over 2 years. I have never seen an end of day at this stop.

Dub

I have a pickup this just starting showing up on. Tells me I'm supposed to scan the end of day barcode. Been making this pickup for over 2 years. I have never seen an end of day at this stop.
Same here. About 2 weeks ago it started saying I was required to scan the summary barcode. It's only on that one pickup though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep I have a few routes I cover that it pops up.

Everytime I just hit no and no one says anything.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have never seen a prompt to scan the bar code and I'm not sure if the psb shows up after I scan the end of day or not...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have one like that too. The DIAD prompts me to scan an end-of-day even if the customer didn't have anything to ship! I asked my supervisor about it and he had never heard of it either. So I just ignore the prompt.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have you guys noticed that some of the end of days don't even have a bar code anymore and you have to scan a qr code type of thing. .what is that for...do bar codes look too 80's..gotta try to keep up the image that we are a technology company with trucks..right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have one as well. It is a car dealership which sends out Next Day Air letters. I just hit "N" when asked if I want to scan a PSB.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have you guys noticed that some of the end of days don't even have a bar code anymore and you have to scan a qr code type of thing. .what is that for...do bar codes look too 80's..gotta try to keep up the image that we are a technology company with trucks..right.

This was discussed at our PCM last week. The QR code contains a lot more information than the bar code and will allow for better volume planning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have one like that too. The DIAD prompts me to scan an end-of-day even if the customer didn't have anything to ship! I asked my supervisor about it and he had never heard of it either. So I just ignore the prompt.

You can't ignore the prompt----you have to answer "Y" or "N". Just hit "N" and go on to your next stop.

Brownslave688

Looks like it saves quite a bit of ink.

Could also have to do with number possibilities for qr code compared to barcode or amount of info they can put on there.

First one I saw I was like wtf.

Brownslave688

There is a lot more information contained in the QR code which will help to improve the accuracy of volume forecasts.
Like what?

I mean I've never been surprised by a package showing up early or late to my house. I mean we aren't the usps. Tracking for them disappears for 5 days then you get it.

Also if it contains so much info why can't it just auto fill the numbers when we scan?