WHAT DRIVES YOU/ YOUR PKG CAR???

If this job takes a toll your on your relationship. you are the problem not the job.
money is the most important... Make as much as you can!

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” 16And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully, 17and he thought to himself, ‘What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ 18And he said, ‘I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”’ 20But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ 21So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I must say. The kids know week days I'd be home late. My sons would run out the door with their gloves and a baseball. We'd play catch till we couldn't see the ball. The weekends have been all for the kids. Little League, now travel baseball and softball. We have travelled from the east coast to Michigan. All in a weekend. It's what our family does. I have spent my weekends in a tent camping with them. Its a friggin blast for us. My wife goes in the other direction with another. Now one of the boys may get drafted in the next couple years. With the other following up. 2 girls are in softball and ballet respectivly. Nyc ballet is watching her. My kids can never say we didn't take or spend time with each. For us it works. I just know the truck will be full m - friend. I only work 8,8 days now. I love Orion

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Only been doing this for coming up on 3 years now...Cover driving for almost 2..I find myself asking myself from time to time, am I really gonna do this for another 27 1/2 years? (Currently 27 1/2 years of age..)
I think of my wife throughout my day, & the thought of knowing that she's praying for my safety each morning..The fact that she supports me in this means everything to me..But I also think about how things will be years down the road...Maybe even 1-5 years...Will she still support me, still want me?? Not much of a life as a FT UPS driver, so a lot of sacrifices come with it..As one of our most famous BC users on here likes to say: "There is more to life than money."
Just find myself asking some of these questions, from time to time. Has this career made your marriage any more difficult, over time?
I hate to break it to you but I bet you work at least 30 more years. :)

Brownslave688

I must say. The kids know week days I'd be home late. My sons would run out the door with their gloves and a baseball. We'd play catch till we couldn't see the ball. The weekends have been all for the kids. Little League, now travel baseball and softball. We have travelled from the east coast to Michigan. All in a weekend. It's what our family does. I have spent my weekends in a tent camping with them. Its a friggin blast for us. My wife goes in the other direction with another. Now one of the boys may get drafted in the next couple years. With the other following up. 2 girls are in softball and ballet respectivly. Nyc ballet is watching her. My kids can never say we didn't take or spend time with each. For us it works. I just know the truck will be full m - friend. I only work 8,8 days now. I love Orion
Drafted huh. What position?

Brownslave688

Yes. We were directed to keep small. By larger colleges and leagues. Plus the cost is much better for him. We will not help for college cost. He needs to earn it for himself. There is no screwing around on my dime.
Was just gonna say I played juco ball
And I can't say I ever saw anyone play more than 3 positions. Usually 1 position and pitch maybe.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Was just gonna say I played juco ball
And I can't say I ever saw anyone play more than 3 positions. Usually 1 position and pitch maybe.

I know. But he has a cannon for an arm. Should be 90's for pitching next yr. And of yet. Not a fence far enough for him to hit over. That I've seen. He's blessed with an arm and a bat. Usually it's one or the other

Brownslave688

I know. But he has a cannon for an arm. Should be 90's for pitching next yr. And of yet. Not a fence far enough for him to hit over. That I've seen. He's blessed with an arm and a bat. Usually it's one or the other
No usually a kid is just much more valuable at one or the other. We had a high schooler that hit mid 90's off the mound and for a small 1a school would blow about anyone away at that speed but he was such a good shortstop that it wasn't worth it to put him on the mound.

I played with lots of kids that threw 90+ but if they could hit and were good athletes it's almost always a better decision to put them in the field.

Good for him being able to continue to do both though because you never know either one could end up putting you in the league.

My thoughts on this have changed over the last few years but I would say if he gets drafted let him go. College coaches are not there to develop talent
They need to win and keep their jobs. Where as the minors is all about developing the talent they have record be damned.