What exactly is the hold up on the contract and why?

island1fox

How about a job,.
How about a job with healthcare.
How about other benefits.
How about the ability to also make money as a Sat Air Driver
How about all the part time people that get Driver jobs
How about the number of Part timers that became P/T supervisors
How about the number of part-timers with friend/T Management positions

This is getting too tiresome !! When I stand in the forest --I look at and appreciate the trees --not just piss on them.

The unfortunate part for people like Charlie --a part time job was never meant to be a lifelong career family raising position.
With the lack of jobs and growth in the U.S. today ---Obama is trying to force all starter jobs --to be made lifelong positions . SAD !:knockedout:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
With the lack of jobs and growth in the U.S. today ---Obama is trying to force all starter jobs --to be made lifelong positions . SAD !:knockedout:

v809xd.jpg

Inthegame

How about a job,.
How about a job with healthcare.
How about other benefits.
How about the ability to also make money as a Sat Air Driver
How about all the part time people that get Driver jobs
How about the number of Part timers that became P/T supervisors
How about the number of part-timers with friend/T Management positions

This is getting too tiresome !! When I stand in the forest --I look at and appreciate the trees --not just piss on them.

The unfortunate part for people like Charlie --a part time job was never meant to be a lifelong career family raising position.
If it's too tiresome for you, shut off your computer. What's really sad is your lack of ability to post what began as a great answer without (predictably) somehow blaming the President. Like he has one minute, shred of responsibility for UPS's part time wages. Laughable.

RealPerson

If it's too tiresome for you, shut off your computer. What's really sad is your lack of ability to post what began as a great answer without (predictably) somehow blaming the President. Like he has one minute, shred of responsibility for UPS's part time wages. Laughable.
Sure he does.... HA
If Min wage for Burger Makers goes above $10..............
Come on pay a Living Wage... HA, while I am against these people asking for $15 an hour for those type of jobs, I am all for New hires at UPS making DOUBLE min wage.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sure he does.... HA
If Min wage for Burger Makers goes above $10..............
Come on pay a Living Wage... HA, while I am against these people asking for $15 an hour for those type of jobs, I am all for New hires at UPS making DOUBLE min wage.
You'll have a hard time finding Full-timers willing to cut their wages back to compensate. They worked hard siphoning off your wages to get theirs up in the stratosphere ... it will be hard getting what should be yours back.

Stonefish

I keep reading about the amount of part-timers voting vs the amount of full-timers. Can someone tell me where there is documentation to prove these statements because I am not aware of any.

Re-Raise

You'll have a hard time finding Full-timers willing to cut their wages back to compensate. They worked hard siphoning off your wages to get theirs up in the stratosphere ... it will be hard getting what should be yours back.
Easy there.. you could probably siphon a little from the cubicles too. Maybe take a little from the coffee and doughnut fund in Atlanta.

Inthegame

I realize that. What the question is since people say part timers don't vote is how many part-timers voted and how many full-timers voted?
Can't answer on the National level but on a local union election many moons ago, the Election Committee I served on concluded 25% PT , 75% FT returned ballots.

Stonefish

But one can deduce (maybe correctly) that if more P/T had voted and been involved over the last 40 years, the part-timers would not have got screwed over so badly to the benefit of the Full-timers.
Where are the facts to back up the statements part timers don't vote?

C

chuchu

At the least, 95% of our building voted both rounds.

That means more part time employees voted than full time employees both times. (In our building only.)

That's the numbers for the center I was responsible for.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At the least, 95% of our building voted both rounds.

That means more part time employees voted than full time employees both times. (In our building only.)

That's the numbers for the center I was responsible for.
And maybe, that's why this contract was better for P/T than the one's in the past.
Better in regards to measurable and real improvements for the P/T.