What exactly is the hold up on the contract and why?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Island fox is right on. Part timers are barely getting by, afraid, & no one is looking out for them. Sounds about like most of Americans now doesn't it? That kool aid is never going to taste any different if you keep taking what they give you. There are ones at the top who need to descend or be assisted down humanely and reminded they're no better than the rest of us. Most everyone offers our company their personal best. I know I do.

I agree with everything you wrote, except Island1fox is right on.
Every issue doesn't begin or end in The Oval Office.
There's plenty of blame to be shared bipartisanly.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's not the best "filler" but when your mom says "shut up and clean up your plate" you acquire a taste for them. Children's Services didn't exist back then and your main objective was to live to be at least 21. :)
Grits are best with butter, salt, crumbled bacon and eggs over easy with the yolk running.

Also very good with shrimp and butter.

But best with mullet roe and butter.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I don't think everything starts with the Oval Office. I think it starts with sheeple allowing over compensated executives to make all of the decisions with little regard for the greater good.

upslesbian13

I fairly new at working at ups. And my sup told me that I should be getting a check of retro pay. But that's after the contract is signed. When will this contact be signed?!?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Take a gander at the threads listed at the bottom of the pagr under "Similar threads".
I believe you should find answers there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Being anti-contract definitely isn't going to help anyone who labors. Oh, and the part-timers aren't as stupid as some ppl think they are.

No one said they were stupid. They just don't get involved in union activities and, as such, their wants and needs get put on the back burner.