What happens if contract is voted no?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Legitimyze, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

Been here 4 years so this is my 1st time voting on a contract. If the purposed one is not accepted, do they re negotiate or strike?

2. specter208

specter208 Active Member

Supposed to renegotiate.

3. OrionIsDaddy

OrionIsDaddy New Member

When* contracted is a no vote

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Strike strike strike

5. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

WILL be renegotiated. It will be renegotiated 3 times before any strike will happen. So you definitely should use at least 2 no votes. You wouldn’t go to a car dealership and take the first offer do you?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. bowhnterdon

bowhnterdon Member

If it is voted down, depends of the percentage of no votes as to what happens. Close? Most likely a small tweak here and there, then another vote. A big No vote? The IBT will forced to actually make it better..

7. Blackstream

Blackstream Active Member

I remember in the last contract, one of the results of the no vote renegotiate was part timers had this pool of money that could go to their raises... I think it was an extra 25 cents added to our raise each year, for the first 3 years or so. Unless they decided health care costs got too big, in which case the money would go there instead.

Weirdly enough, we only got that money in our first raise, the one we had to get a retro check for.

8. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

All the negotiators get to go on more vacations. Maybe that’s why they have this :censored2: agreement hoping we vote it down so they can do more golfing

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

What's this WE :censored2:? Don't you have a bingo game to get to old Man! ;)

giphy-18.gif

10. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

When this insult of a contract is voted down, then we should see a better contract to vote on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List