What happens if contract is voted no?

jagger john

If it was only that easy, but it’s not. Ask Z and the other regions that got the contract imposed on them. Also if not enough Teamsters vote it could be ratified by the IBT. If we strike the president could step in and force us to work though it which would significantly weaken the Unions position. The bottom line is a no vote does not guarantee a strike and you could get better or you could get worse. You have to decide if the original contract offer is worth the risk of a strike you area.
are you a driver or mangement

Doubleparkedrunner

Well apparently you got it all figured out don’t you...... I made my point and rational minds will comprehend the risk involved. It’s your words vs. ink and paper.

Rational minds would take all of three seconds to figure out that voting no would NEVER result in a worse offer. It's pretty friggain simple to ge from point A to B.

Voting NO the first two times is something a kindergartener could figure out. It's NOT exactly friend-ING an advanced game theory class at MIT.

You'd have to be clueless, a company lackey , or the most risk averse poinDexter in history of negotiations.

F

Frankie's Friend

There is 65,000 of them red circled. You need to learn reading comprehension.
Maybe you didnt understand what he posted?
He didnt say the company was reducing the total package car drivers.
He said they weren't creating any more.

Tony Q

Maybe you didnt understand what he posted?
He didnt say the company was reducing the total package car drivers.
He said they weren't creating any more.
I will bet my lunch they create more than the 65,000 red circle number. The 22.4 jobs won't take effect for the first year. They will exceed this red circled number. If you don't have Saturday delivery in your local or building you won't get these jobs.

Doubleparkedrunner

Good, I’ll make sure to reference it when it happens.

you won't show your face on here after the contract is finalized....for 2 reasons

1.). You're wrong

and

2.). You definitely came with TonyQ on the same UPS spaceship that only orbits the browncafe internet forums every four to five years
( a.k.a. Every time a contract comes up for debate )

cuz you and he are just here to propagandize without shame.

Doubleparkedrunner

No, thats so last contract ago. They make more now. A 22.4 makes 20.50 to start.

So they don't make the same as a regular driver then?

they make 20.50 while an RPCD makes 21 to start
( these two numbers are from he new contract )
... or did you conveniently leave that part out when responding to him?

yay a. that's just a fifty cent difference. the problem with that transparent answer is that the discrepancy in pay grows and grows over thelife of he contract going from 50 cents an hour to over 12 times that to approx. SIX bucks an hour.

F

Frankie's Friend

I will bet my lunch they create more than the 65,000 red circle number. The 22.4 jobs won't take effect for the first year. They will exceed this red circled number. If you don't have Saturday delivery in your local or building you won't get these jobs.
For now.
A lot of assumptions going on.
But being red circled and not creating anymore pkg driver jobs are two different issues ...
as I was trying to point out.

LagunaBrown

Rational minds would take all of three seconds to figure out that voting no would NEVER result in a worse offer. It's pretty friggain simple to ge from point A to B.

Voting NO the first two times is something a kindergartener could figure out. It's NOT exactly friend-ING an advanced game theory class at MIT.

You'd have to be clueless, a company lackey , or the most risk averse poinDexter in history of negotiations.
Once again how did Z do last contract with a No vote? Your neanderthal approach could cost you. We dont have the same issues you may have in your supplements and riders and for your sake you better study up.

I understand you want everyone to vote no but the reality is some areas are gonna vote yes because their rider language protects them from 22.4’s taking their work and a they have an retiree package gets a huge improvement.

Last edited:

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
This thread cracks me up. Everyone assumes that they just go back and get something better than they had originally. If it is just a tweak, then that might be the case. Many want all the language out. You can't start from the beginning. There has already been a strike vote and you can't just keep renegotiating contracts because you teach the people to vote no multiple times to get more. It's like teaching a dog a trick by rewarding them. I fully expecting the national to put carhaul or ABF or another company on strike to prove the point before this contract as a sign of what could happen. If you vote no on this contract, you should be prepared to strike and not look to spend money from a raise that may never come. This same thinking happened at the last contract. Everyone assumed the company would just renegotiate another deal. Look at the history of this labor agreement. About every 20-25 years we go on strike. We are at that point.

Having said that. I am voting no on the master as it was posted originally. If there are clarifications, I will look at the wording but I'm prepared to walk based a couple articles that I believe would be abused. I don't take them lightly and I was speaking with a division manager the other day who said he could see why I would be concerned because the operations guys have already seen some wide open questions.

If the gap is too wide, I would expect the national to call a strike. The tricky part here is that I don't believe the oompa loompa in the White House will let us strike. I think he will consider the company "essential" and step in. I believe it is called Taft Hartley Act but don't quote me. I'm not sure what would happen after that. Either implemented contract or renegotiate without any power to negotiate.

twoweeled

Once again how did Z do last contract with a No vote? Your neanderthal approach could cost you. We dont have the same issues you may have in your supplements and riders and for your sake you better study up.

I understand you want everyone to vote no but the reality is some areas are gonna vote yes because their rider language protects them from 22.4’s taking their work and a they have an retiree package gets a huge improvement.
His neanderthal approach could cost him?? Could? That's what you base your "I'll take whatever they offer me" attitude on? Your jellyfish attitude could also cost you. It's people like you that put us all on a backward moving bus because you don't have the gonads to say, no. "They may not like me afterwards". Because of what may, could or might happen. I'm taking a guess here, but if you're a driver, your one of those get in early and get into your truck and work off the clock guys? Skip a couple of breaks? shorten that meal? maybe even less than 10 years in driving? Management likes you, or you care if they like you?
His "neanderthal approach" as you call it, could/will end up helping us all, including you in spite of yourself. I guarantee, Laguna Brown doesn't have all the answers. From what I read, you don't have any. The only correct thing you wrote was, some areas are gonna be voting yes because of their rider language. Well of course some people will be voting yes! Does anyone really believe "everyone" will be voting the same way?? Come on, buddy!! Shake out the cobwebs! Let's get a new Duracell in there and get thinking!!

LagunaBrown

His neanderthal approach could cost him?? Could? That's what you base your "I'll take whatever they offer me" attitude on? Your jellyfish attitude could also cost you. It's people like you that put us all on a backward moving bus because you don't have the gonads to say, no. "They may not like me afterwards". Because of what may, could or might happen. I'm taking a guess here, but if you're a driver, your one of those get in early and get into your truck and work off the clock guys? Skip a couple of breaks? shorten that meal? maybe even less than 10 years in driving? Management likes you, or you care if they like you?
His "neanderthal approach" as you call it, could/will end up helping us all, including you in spite of yourself. I guarantee, Laguna Brown doesn't have all the answers. From what I read, you don't have any. The only correct thing you wrote was, some areas are gonna be voting yes because of their rider language. Well of course some people will be voting yes! Does anyone really believe "everyone" will be voting the same way?? Come on, buddy!! Shake out the cobwebs! Let's get a new Duracell in there and get thinking!!
Thanks for your opinions but you don’t get it.

LagunaBrown

This thread cracks me up. Everyone assumes that they just go back and get something better than they had originally. If it is just a tweak, then that might be the case. Many want all the language out. You can't start from the beginning. There has already been a strike vote and you can't just keep renegotiating contracts because you teach the people to vote no multiple times to get more. It's like teaching a dog a trick by rewarding them. I fully expecting the national to put carhaul or ABF or another company on strike to prove the point before this contract as a sign of what could happen. If you vote no on this contract, you should be prepared to strike and not look to spend money from a raise that may never come. This same thinking happened at the last contract. Everyone assumed the company would just renegotiate another deal. Look at the history of this labor agreement. About every 20-25 years we go on strike. We are at that point.

Having said that. I am voting no on the master as it was posted originally. If there are clarifications, I will look at the wording but I'm prepared to walk based a couple articles that I believe would be abused. I don't take them lightly and I was speaking with a division manager the other day who said he could see why I would be concerned because the operations guys have already seen some wide open questions.

If the gap is too wide, I would expect the national to call a strike. The tricky part here is that I don't believe the oompa loompa in the White House will let us strike. I think he will consider the company "essential" and step in. I believe it is called Taft Hartley Act but don't quote me. I'm not sure what would happen after that. Either implemented contract or renegotiate without any power to negotiate.
It’s nice to see a no vote who gets it.