What happens if you fail a drug test?

chris45

I randomly was presented with a random drug test today. What's funny is I'm helping out at another station 5 hrs from home right now smh. But it got me thinking, How do they figure out who to test(I don't have a CDL...?) And what happens if you fail? Marijuana is legal where I'm at and I'm sure there's a bunch of people that smoke that :censored2: or use CBD for joints or w.e at my station

floridays

Most likely you will be looking for another employer.

Do you put yourself in a position to fail if your job could be on the line?
If so why? If not, why ask the question?

I hope you passed. If you did remember on thing, company policy dictates. Don't :censored2: up again.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What rights do employers have to forbid employees from partaking in these dangerous narcotics?

This is what happens when you rush and fail to think these things through. Many states do not even have a legal limit for driving with THC in your system.

chris45

Most likely you will be looking for another employer.

Do you put yourself in a position to fail if your job could be on the line?
If so why? If not, why ask the question?

I hope you passed. If you did remember on thing, company policy dictates. Don't :censored2: up again.
I'll pass, I'm simply wondering what the rules are lol

chris45

Getting fired after being at this job for so long would be a blessing tho
What rights do employers have to forbid employees from partaking in these dangerous narcotics?

This is what happens when you rush and fail to think these things through. Many states do not even have a legal limit for driving with THC in your system.
Marijuana is probably safer than alcohol but everyone is free to destroy themselves with it

chris45

You said you were tested.
I go on what you said.
Were you tested or just seeing what you may be able to get away with?

LOL, not really laughing junior.
Yes I got tested, for the second time this year actually. I'm gonna pass

but I am curious as to what would happen if someone failed

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Getting fired after being at this job for so long would be a blessing tho

Marijuana is probably safer than alcohol
I can have one drink and not get wasted. I have no idea what blood level of TLC causes impairment?

floridays

I was just curious. Do your job well as I'm sure you do.
Don't put yourself in the position to fail.
Best hopes and wishes for you :thumbup1:

floridays

I read this a second time.
If you have been tested twice in 9 months for whatever reason you have a target on your back.
I'm not saying you are being picked on either.
My guess is some complaints have come in.

I have a question or two.
First question
Are you an Express employee?

Second question
Are you helping out at a station 5 hours away by choice or did you draw the short straw?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I randomly was presented with a random drug test today. What's funny is I'm helping out at another station 5 hrs from home right now smh. But it got me thinking, How do they figure out who to test(I don't have a CDL...?) And what happens if you fail? Marijuana is legal where I'm at and I'm sure there's a bunch of people that smoke that :censored2: or use CBD for joints or w.e at my station

Supposedly “Random”
It seems like some folks are more random than others

floridays

Funny you ask
Ive chewed since I was 14 years old
Had heart surgery 2 years ago was in the hospital for 11 days haven’t had a dip since quit cold Turkey
I like the new avatar :thumbup1:.
I chewed, beechnut and redman, dipped skol, couldn't handle copenhagen, I guess that's a good thing.

:censored2: that I am, I still smoke.

To a good life my friend 🍺

It will be fine

You are disqualified from providing service for FedEx Ground if you fail a random. The likely outcome is you would be terminated by your contractor. It happens all the time.

chris45

I read this a second time.
If you have been tested twice in 9 months for whatever reason you have a target on your back.
I'm not saying you are being picked on either.
My guess is some complaints have come in.

I have a question or two.
First question
Are you an Express employee?

Second question
Are you helping out at a station 5 hours away by choice or did you draw the short straw?
Yes express, and I was thinking I had a target too.
I went to mornings from pm/midday and my absence kind of screwed the night side so the night managers have been mad at me ever since. Maybe they plotted something 😩

And by choice, I kind of like going out of town I've been to I think 7 different stations at this point