What happens if you miss a workers comp dr appointment

Bigsarge

i have been out for a few months and never missed an appointment but was curios what happens to your claim. Are you able to reschedule or will liberty mutual end your claim.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Although I would think that your medical appointments in support of your comp claim would be your first priority, things do come up and you do have the option of rescheduling without your comp payments being affected.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a driver get fired for missing a workman's comp appointment, "Failure to follow directions," or something like that. The driver tried to get that center Manager fired for falsifying delivery records. I heard that center manager tell him that he was going to get him for something and he did just that. It was probably a fake injury, he claimed to twist his ankle when he came back from vacation and that center manager was still employed. I imagine you could reschedule a doctor's appointment for a legitimate reason.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Was off for 13 months with a workers compensation injury from 2014 through all of 2015. Missed and rescheduled an MD appointment or two and cancelled numerous PT appointments. Never heard a thing from Liberty Mutual.
Then, after 10 months off, Liberty Mutual scheduled an appointment with an IME for me. Completely blew that one off because they didn't send me a mileage check before the date scheduled. They were pissed and threatened to cut off my benefits until I informed them that under Wisconsin law I am under no obligation to travel to their doctor without prior payment.

twoweeled

i have been out for a few months and never missed an appointment but was curios what happens to your claim. Are you able to reschedule or will liberty mutual end your claim.
What Rod said! I hate to answer this way, but - I don't know. The women in the office will let you know they are dying to take you outback and beat you to death. Bottom line as Rod alluded too. Liberty will screw you every chance they can. EVERY CHANCE!!!
No brainer is to get an attorney. I remember a friend of mine was speaking to my attorney. My friend said he didn't want to piss them off at work by getting a workers comp attorney. My attorney (who knows UPS) responded; You already pissed them off, the moment you reported the injury and went to the clinic. LOL
Moral of this one? Get an attorney. Although, the attorney is going to tell you to keep all appointments. Good luck, buddy.