What I think should really happen....

You definitely don't know your fellow American citizen or anything about Welfare.

The word “welfare” refers to a number of different government assistance programs that provide help to Americans struggling with poverty in distinct ways. SNAP/food stamps, unemployment insurance, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Need Families (TANF), Women, Infants and Children (WIC), tax credits for working families, and Social Security are just a few programs under the welfare umbrella.
Most benefit programs require recipients to work in order to collect. Take Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), for example. Single parents receiving this grant must work at least 30 hours per week in order to be eligible, and two-parent families must work between 35 and 50 hours a week.
What does this say about a two income family working 50 hours a week are eligible for income assistance in the richest country on Earth?

quad decade guy

You definitely don't know your fellow American citizen or anything about Welfare.

The word “welfare” refers to a number of different government assistance programs that provide help to Americans struggling with poverty in distinct ways. SNAP/food stamps, unemployment insurance, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Need Families (TANF), Women, Infants and Children (WIC), tax credits for working families, and Social Security are just a few programs under the welfare umbrella.
Most benefit programs require recipients to work in order to collect. Take Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), for example. Single parents receiving this grant must work at least 30 hours per week in order to be eligible, and two-parent families must work between 35 and 50 hours a week.

Bsbsbsbsbsbs.

rickyb

Depending on what is really true, rates of infection, what that means etc, let's just get to it. 97 % will survive in the worst case scenario(again depending on what is true). Cold? Uncaring? And I'm a bit more vulnerable....30k die from the flu every year. You never think twice about it. There are factions(folks you know) that are hoping to capitalize politically, monetarily etc. What to do? I think this is our WW2. Let's get to it. Buckle up get to work and let's build the infrastructure and manufacturing to make the USA strong and independent. Isolation? No, never said that, read it again. And to start, flooding our nation with 3rd world migrants can't possibly be a good idea. Especially ones we have no idea who or what they could possibly be carrying. Liberalism will be the death of us all. And liberal places like Cali. and New York will be the first places to lose all their freedoms and wonder what happened with no way to defend themselves. To all the boo birds: I know you think I'm crazy and whatever. Take a good, long look around. This is just a small taste of what's possible. And you Bernie folks who are just begging for a Communist totalitarian govt., North Korea just shoots people infected and China shuts down whole regions by gunpoint and more. Sheeple, look around. Godspeed.
20% of people in their 80s die from it

vantexan

Depending on what is really true, rates of infection, what that means etc, let's just get to it. 97 % will survive in the worst case scenario(again depending on what is true). Cold? Uncaring? And I'm a bit more vulnerable....30k die from the flu every year. You never think twice about it. There are factions(folks you know) that are hoping to capitalize politically, monetarily etc. What to do? I think this is our WW2. Let's get to it. Buckle up get to work and let's build the infrastructure and manufacturing to make the USA strong and independent. Isolation? No, never said that, read it again. And to start, flooding our nation with 3rd world migrants can't possibly be a good idea. Especially ones we have no idea who or what they could possibly be carrying. Liberalism will be the death of us all. And liberal places like Cali. and New York will be the first places to lose all their freedoms and wonder what happened with no way to defend themselves. To all the boo birds: I know you think I'm crazy and whatever. Take a good, long look around. This is just a small taste of what's possible. And you Bernie folks who are just begging for a Communist totalitarian govt., North Korea just shoots people infected and China shuts down whole regions by gunpoint and more. Sheeple, look around. Godspeed.
You're not seeing the exponential growth of this virus. If it infects 100 million Americans that's roughly 3 million or more dead. Because it's a new strain of coronavirus there's no natural immunity built up in the population. So it spreads very quickly. We can expect millions of infected by May if we don't take it very seriously.

quad decade guy

You're not seeing the exponential growth of this virus. If it infects 100 million Americans that's roughly 3 million or more dead. Because it's a new strain of coronavirus there's no natural immunity built up in the population. So it spreads very quickly. We can expect millions of infected by May if we don't take it very seriously.

Yes. And? What are you going to do? If people don't go to work.....they will starve to death at least.

Some within a few days. The point is we can't kill people to keep them from dying. See?

It sucks for the 3 million. The other 350 MILLION will be ok. See?

BTW-what does "take it very seriously" mean?

vantexan

Yes. And? What are you going to do? If people don't go to work.....they will starve to death at least.

Some within a few days. The point is we can't kill people to keep them from dying. See?

It sucks for the 3 million. The other 350 MILLION will be ok. See?

BTW-what does "take it very seriously" mean?
Taking it very seriously means shutting down literally everything for a time. No car travel between cities. Only movement of goods. No air travel. And the National Guard can distribute food. Might come to that. Even in our biggest wars we've never lost 3 million people. Not something to take lightly. Especially if it happens to you or your family. Many of the survivors of serious cases also have lung damage.