What is the attendance policy on sort transfers?

Furen

I can't find anything in the contract but I'm trying to transfer out to a different sort and my boss is threatening to block me for bad attendance because I need to miss the next 3 days (personal issues at home) when I'm not even on a suspension yet. Can they do that? I thought I once heard you just can't transfer or move to a different job if you have a suspension.

I'm Western Region, Southwest Package rider, Local 396

542thruNthru

I can't find anything in the contract but I'm trying to transfer out to a different sort and my boss is threatening to block me for bad attendance because I need to miss the next 3 days (personal issues at home) when I'm not even on a suspension yet. Can they do that? I thought I once heard you just can't transfer or move to a different job if you have a suspension.

Dude you really need to find a Steward that you can talk to. You have a good strong local. I met your Secretary Treasurer just last week.
I would call and ask to speak with your Buisness Agent. (626) 915-3636

There is no attendance policy in the contract.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Transfer to a new building or do a different job?

Boston25

There is no attendance policy in the contract. The company has tried to do this many times. But they can’t hold people because they need to take time off.

Furen

Dude you really need to find a Steward that you can talk to. You have a good strong local. I met your Secretary Treasurer just last week.
I would call and ask to speak with your Buisness Agent. (626) 915-3636

There is no attendance policy in the contract.

I did text my BA before I posted here, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. Its nice to know that isn't in the contract but can the company institute it as building policy?

Boston25

I did text my BA before I posted here, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. Its nice to know that isn't in the contract but can the company institute it as building policy?
It would have to be negotiated with the union before they could implement a policy like that.