22.4 Lay-off—Need some understanding

Over70irregs

If that door was opened, contract votes would be subject to "mob rule".

A vocal minority.... should not have that power.
This may be off a bit but it feels kinda like the electoral votes vs the popular vote? (This statement is not a new political thread. Lord no.....)

Overpaid Union Thug

If that door was opened, contract votes would be subject to "mob rule".

A vocal minority.... should not have that power.
It would still be majority rules if voter turnout was high. Defaulting to a YES vote if a threshold isn't met is voter suppression. Those voters that ACTUALLY voted anyway.

If the majority of members stay home (or can’t find 30 seconds to vote on their smart devices) then they shouldn’t count. But as it stands....you can decide a contract vote by not voting at all. That doesn’t make sense no matter how it’s explained.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I agree that that the percentage rule sucks but am I the only one pissed that our union brought this crap back to us?

BUG loves to bring up voter turnout but I have yet to see him be critical to anything our union officials have done. Yes, our members suck for not voting but our leadership is an absolute joke for even letting us vote on this contract.

The fact that they not only approved of the 22.4 classification, but actually introduced it is almost unbelievable to me.

ManInBrown

As far as #2 here it wouldn’t matter that you have center seniority. Regarding layoffs the whole district is lumped together. Someone from another building that has more seniority has the right to work before you.

I agree that that the percentage rule sucks but am I the only one pissed that our union brought this crap back to us?

BUG loves to bring up voter turnout but I have yet to see him be critical to anything our union officials have done. Yes, our members suck for not voting but our leadership is an absolute joke for even letting us vote on this contract.

The fact that they not only approved of the 22.4 classification, but actually introduced it is almost unbelievable to me.
22.4 was going to happen eventually one way or another. The union wanted a t so it would help some of the underfunded pension plans out. I have mixed feelings about the 22.4 jobs. On one hand I'm happy for new full time jobs on the other hand I don't care for the language.