What Is The Teamsters Official Position On Socialized Medicine?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This isn't complicated.
If you don't like the union health insurance we've fought for, then vote for Democrats and wish for the best.
Where did you ever fight for Union health insurance? You are nothing more than a right wing scab. Preload starts early on Mondays. Don't want to be late or your FT sup will take away your smart phone.
You seem triggered part timer.

I will take your pathetic attempt at a personal attack as an admission that you cannot refute my post in any way.

rickyb

What you don't realize is that it's the big corporations you hate so much that will benefit most from pushing the cost of health insurance back onto the taxpayers.

Carry on kiddo.
yea it will make you more competitive.

plus not having it restricts liberty because now u have to worry about whether u have health insurance or not.

rickyb

You are an unemployed Canadian.
u know what else restricts liberty? money.

for example lawyers need to work for corporations, instead of fighting for human rights because they are indebted after graduation. or because corporate firms pay more.

come up with a system where people arent in student debt, and control costs of things like housing, and people will have more liberty to choose what kind of job they want regardless of what it pays.

SLW

What you don't realize is that it's the big corporations you hate so much that will benefit most from pushing the cost of health insurance back onto the taxpayers.

Carry on kiddo.
The taxpayers already pay the cost of health insurance, only through premiums and inflated prices instead of (just) taxes, and because our system is so inefficient and prone to opportunism, we pay more than anyone else. We're lucky with the union we don't have to worry about the premiums, but we'd have more bargaining power without having to worry about that :censored2:. And yes, it would benefit corporations, too, who sometimes saddle some of the cost, but that would only make US corporations more competitive globally and that's OK.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The taxpayers already pay the cost of health insurance, only through premiums and inflated prices instead of (just) taxes, and because our system is so inefficient and prone to opportunism, we pay more than anyone else.
Again, if you're not happy with your union health insurance, roll the dice and vote for Democrats. I'm sure more government is the answer and they'll fix the system if we just give them more power.

PT Car Washer

Again, if you're not happy with your union health insurance, roll the dice and vote for Democrats. I'm sure more government is the answer and they'll fix the system if we just give them more power.
In the next year or two (maybe a lot less) I will be trading in Teamcare for the Government sponsored Tricare (actually already on Tricare as a secondary) I have it heard it is pretty good.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In the next year or two (maybe a lot less) I will be trading in Teamcare for the Government sponsored Tricare (actually already on Tricare as a secondary) I have it heard it is pretty good.
Sure thing buddy.
You will die on the job because you have nothing else to live for. It's why you haven't already retired.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
yea it will make you more competitive.

plus not having it restricts liberty because now u have to worry about whether u have health insurance or not.
I decline health insurance. There is nothing more liberating, to me, than being able to pick and choose my own doctors, brands, not needing to fax a permission slip to an insurance company so they can tell me what medicine I should take. Paying out of pocket since age 19 and loving every minute of it.

rickyb

I decline health insurance. There is nothing more liberating, to me, than being able to pick and choose my own doctors, brands, not needing to fax a permission slip to an insurance company so they can tell me what medicine I should take. Paying out of pocket since age 19 and loving every minute of it.
i dont think i could afford US healthcare. i see docs pretty often

SLW

i dont think i could afford US healthcare. i see docs pretty often
It's indeed manageable if you are extremely healthy for your entire life, just occasionally needing antibiotics from urgent care or whatever. But as soon as one thing goes even moderately wrong, you are :censored2:ed. And if it's major, you're :censored2:ed for the rest of your life. Even if you're very well off.