What Is The Teamsters Official Position On Socialized Medicine?

rickyb

Everyone needs to pay attention to this statement because it is what liberals actually believe.

It's called Modern Monetary Theory. These idiots actually believe money isn't real, and this stupid economic theory is becoming popular with Democrats. It truly has the potential to collapse our entire economy.
actually its already been practiced except its MMT for the rich. i think theyve been doing it in US since 2008

rickyb

Everyone needs to pay attention to this statement because it is what liberals actually believe.

It's called Modern Monetary Theory. These idiots actually believe money isn't real, and this stupid economic theory is becoming popular with Democrats. It truly has the potential to collapse our entire economy.
have u ever considered you dont understand anything and youre clueless??

rickyb

You are Canadian.
heres a quote not that you can read anyways:

Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) was developed to explain the logic of running government budget deficits to increase demand in the economy’s consumption and capital investment sectors so as to maintain full employment. But the enormous U.S. federal budget deficits from the Obama bank bailout after the 2008 crash through the Trump tax cuts and Coronavirus financial bailout have not pumped money into the economy to finance new direct investment, employment, rising wages and living standards. Instead, government money creation and Quantitative Easing have been directed to the finance, insurance and real estate (FIRE) sectors. The result is a travesty of MMT, not its original aim.

By subsidizing the financial sector and its debt overhead, this policy is deflationary instead of supporting the “real” economy. The effect has been to empower the banking sector, whose product is credit and debt creation that has taken an unproductive and indeed extractive form.

This can clearly be seen by dividing the private sector into two parts: The “real” economy of production and consumption is wrapped in a financial web of debt and rent extraction – real estate rent, monopoly rent and financial debt creation. Recognizing this breakdown is essential to distinguish between positive government deficit spending that helps maintain employment and rising living standards, as compared to “captured” government spending to subsidize the FIRE sector’s extraction and debt deflation leading to chronic austerity.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
heres a quote not that you can read anyways:

Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) was developed to explain the logic of running government budget deficits to increase demand in the economy’s consumption and capital investment sectors so as to maintain full employment. But the enormous U.S. federal budget deficits from the Obama bank bailout after the 2008 crash through the Trump tax cuts and Coronavirus financial bailout have not pumped money into the economy to finance new direct investment, employment, rising wages and living standards. Instead, government money creation and Quantitative Easing have been directed to the finance, insurance and real estate (FIRE) sectors. The result is a travesty of MMT, not its original aim.

By subsidizing the financial sector and its debt overhead, this policy is deflationary instead of supporting the “real” economy. The effect has been to empower the banking sector, whose product is credit and debt creation that has taken an unproductive and indeed extractive form.

This can clearly be seen by dividing the private sector into two parts: The “real” economy of production and consumption is wrapped in a financial web of debt and rent extraction – real estate rent, monopoly rent and financial debt creation. Recognizing this breakdown is essential to distinguish between positive government deficit spending that helps maintain employment and rising living standards, as compared to “captured” government spending to subsidize the FIRE sector’s extraction and debt deflation leading to chronic austerity.

This is a thread about our union health insurance. Keep your copy pasting of communist claptrap in the current events forum little Ricky.

AKCoverMan

ill try and get back to you what i pay in taxes. ours is cheaper than yours. i think the way it works when govt pays for programs is it can just print the money, or tax, or borrow.
And here is the issue.. you can’t just print money forever.. health care can’t really be “free”.

AKCoverMan

Yes I agree, although I dislike heaping scorn on others just tbecause they may be politically left of me. I think a lot of folks who are pro single payer just want easier and saner access to affordable health care. I don’t think single payer is the answer but I’m open to all discussion as I’ve said I think our current private system with copays and maximum out of pocket and out of pocket that doesn’t count toward out of pocket (yeah, that’s a thing) and pop discounts etc etc ad nausium is stupid and the bottom line is we all collectively pay too much.

AKCoverMan

actually its already been practiced except its MMT for the rich. i think theyve been doing it in US since 2008

Here’s the problem in the US when the Dems say they are going to pay for all the social programs by taxing the Rich People, what they usually mean are “people who work and pay taxes” like me. A UPS Teamster making a little over $100k despite being on the 9.5 list. I am, in the eyes of the Far Left, an Evil Rich Person and I Should Pay More! 🤨

rickyb

Here’s the problem in the US when the Dems say they are going to pay for all the social programs by taxing the Rich People, what they usually mean are “people who work and pay taxes” like me. A UPS Teamster making a little over $100k despite being on the 9.5 list. I am, in the eyes of the Far Left, an Evil Rich Person and I Should Pay More! 🤨
thats alot of money relative to the rest of the country, but you guys work hard. rich :censored2:s are really .1%.

couple things:

probably alot of democrats dont know economics.

i think a majority of americans want higher taxes on the rich. not sure if theyre talking about you. what do you pay in taxes including healthcare and car insurance?

AKCoverMan

thats alot of money relative to the rest of the country, but you guys work hard. rich :censored2:s are really .1%.

couple things:

probably alot of democrats dont know economics.

i think a majority of americans want higher taxes on the rich. not sure if theyre talking about you. what do you pay in taxes including healthcare and car insurance?

Well I don’t think of car insurance as a tax the government isn’t in that transaction at least not here. But about 25% of gross pay goes to government. If I have to shoulder taxes to pay for health care for everyone that doesn’t work... 50%?

SLW

Well I don’t think of car insurance as a tax the government isn’t in that transaction at least not here. But about 25% of gross pay goes to government. If I have to shoulder taxes to pay for health care for everyone that doesn’t work... 50%?
You already shoulder the costs to pay for health care for everyone who gets it.

rickyb

ok i just talked to my dad and he paid nothing because he has a good accountant and used his company and duplex i think to lower hte number. im opposed to this. he earns middle class wage...not 100k.

ill get back to you on mine i earned roughly 25/hr i think last year, worked out to 45000 because i dont work FT.

i count car insurance because its govt here and because you pay either way. its sucks where im from too. my car is $14000 and i pay $2200 or so a year for car insurance and ive never been in an accident. before that my car was worth $5000 and i paid $1800 a year.

i guess the thing about healthcare as a right is you guys spend on dept of war like crazy (and its a waste too bc of for profit war companies in part) so if u can do that then u can do healthcare.

Last edited: