What is the UPS policy on earrings?

NedFlanders

are drivers allowed to have earrings? there is one male driver in my center that has diamond studs in his ears so im guessing it is ok. Or does it depend on the management at your particular center?

dof8

Males are not allowed to wear earrings and Females earrings should be no larger than a dime in size. That rule has slowly diminished, depending on the strength of the union in your area.

Jim Kemp

During Christmas we had seasonal drivers and helpers with huge earrings, tattoos, dread locks to their shoulder and grills working. But let my hair get a little long or go a day without shaving and I get threatened with being sent home.

InTheRed

Men are allowed 1 earring of a post type only in 1 ear. At least in my district that is the policy but the form with the policy on it looks fairly official.

scoobypanda

There have been several posts on here concerning the U.P.S appearance guideline and their policy on visible tattoos. When I was hired 15 years ago, there was no mention of visible tattoos and the earring rule was one stud in one ear for males. Somewhere around 5 years ago, U.P.S changed their appearance guideline and included "no visible tattoos" and men are now allowed one hoop earring no larger than a dime. It was only in the last year or so that some managers have begun to enforce the new tattoo rule, but the problem is that many of the drivers were hired under the old guidelines allowing tattoos and many managers are not happy with the trade off involved in accepting the new standards with the new hoop earring rule.Looks like another flavor of the month that will melt away in no time.

gded

hey no such person, luv the steal your face . Not the best of what they do, their the only ones who do what they do.God Bless The GD