What is the worst stop on your route?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A beauty/phone/makeup/hair store. Gets cods daily and thinks I should wait while he goes and buys money orders. He will inevitably get one thats ck ok, and more money order only. So he is foreign, he talks on the phone in a language I do not know to figure out how to write the check, while he sends and associate next door to get the money orders.Actually I think his tactic is about to go through the floor. Im just going to leave, and when he yells at me, I dont understand. Its amazing how when I do that he understands perfectly. he holds me up every day, and since he does not speak my language, I dont know how to get through to him that this crap is stopping.

A beauty/phone/makeup/hair store. Gets cods daily and thinks I should wait while he goes and buys money orders. He will inevitably get one thats ck ok, and more money order only. So he is foreign, he talks on the phone in a language I do not know to figure out how to write the check, while he sends and associate next door to get the money orders.Actually I think his tactic is about to go through the floor. Im just going to leave, and when he yells at me, I dont understand. Its amazing how when I do that he understands perfectly. he holds me up every day, and since he does not speak my language, I dont know how to get through to him that this crap is stopping.

Squat, drop a deuce, point and shake head while saying No!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Couple letter boxes that regularly have 60 + nda. Open the box & they fall everywhere.
It fill up an entire tote, & I have to carry it back 10-15 ft to the p/c.
It can be exhausting!!

Indecisi0n

It's the stop before my first stop when I have to listen to sups tell us how to be safe and pretend that they care about our safety in a useless PCM. I normally listen to the PCM from the adjacent bathroom while I take a dump on the clock.

barnyard

KTM rider
There used to be a business that would ask to future CODs on day 2. The regular driver had been doing it for months. I would not do it when I covered. I told her the attempts had to be 3 consecutive business days and then she either had to pay or the shipment would be RTS'd at the end of the 3rd day. She argued with me about it and I said, "I will ask my boss, but be prepared to drive to the terminal tonight to pick these up." My supe backed me up and 4or 5 shipments were RTS'd. The next day, I had 5 or 6 that had been futured by the regular driver. She said, "Those are supposed to be futured for a couple of days." Me, "Nope, my supe went through and cleaned them all out. No more futures, it should not have been done in the 1st place." Those were all RTS'd.

3 months later, she filed bankruptcy and moved out of town. She end up being charged with theft for all the wedding dresses she had taken deposits on, but had not delivered. Best line in the paper was from the sheriff, "I have a few dresses from her shop in my office, the owners have been called and when they are gone, the Sheriff's dress shop is closed. I do not want to here from another angry mom or crying bride."

She tried to pull the same BS in Iowa, was caught and charged there also.

anyways, she was my worst stop.

MaceFremonti

I no longer run the route but the Politics and English departments of the Catholic University of America. They get a ton of textbooks AND Staples paper boxes. 100+ year old building with no elevator and both departments are on the fourth floor. The staircases are huge and wrap around the walls between floors since each floor has 15+ foot ceilings. The front of the building overlooks a grass promenade so to get access to the building you have to back into the rear parking lot and then GO DOWN steps into the basement then BACK UP 5 floors to get to the 4th floor.

Back when Gateway was on top of the PC world their systems would come in two HUGE boxes - one was the monitor and the other the PC. Gateway was CUA's primary computer supplier for both staff and students. The worst stop of my career ever was the day when Politics and English combined had 40 Gateway systems. That's 80 irregs, to the 4th floor, 2 at a time, by myself.

Of course there was nothing like being a young twenty something UPS driver delivering to young twenty something coeds all day long!

Ill save the story of getting the old school P1000 stuck behind one of the dorms for another time....:P

Overpaid Union Thug

Any beauty supply store owned by Koreans seems to be the worst stop. They can't speak English, get bulks stops with CODs, take forever to write the CODs (if they even know how), don't leave enough room for us to fit the two wheeler through let alone enough room to offload the packages, and wants to call each shipper before writing the checks.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Any beauty supply store owned by Koreans seems to be the worst stop. They can't speak English, get bulks stops with CODs, take forever to write the CODs (if they even know how), don't leave enough room for us to fit the two wheeler through let alone enough room to offload the packages, and wants to call each shipper before writing the checks.

I have 3 on my route.
They speak and understand English very well when pressed.
It's a two way street, as I have a hard time "understanding" them when they play their games.
After the packages are RTS'd or they land in will call a couple of times, they tend to become more cooperative.
Haven't done it in awhile, as I rarely care how long it takes since my last few time studies killed any sense of urgency I once had.

P.S. You forgot about the post dating and transcribing the checks in a dumpy old calendar. I call it the "Korean Terms" system.

32F driver

Veterans Affair. It's in a class 4 security federal building ( there is only one class 5 building, any guesses?). They get 70-90 file boxes weighing 60 lbs each. About 110 pieces total. I load them on a cart, then they need to be X-rayed so I unload them through a security machine. Then I load them back on the cart after I'm scanned by security, then taken up an elevator. Then to the delivery point which I then unload the cart once more. 2-5 stops in the whole building. It takes about an hour and a half.
I hope you get a time allowance for all that nonsense.