What is this on my paystub?

Observer

Don't be too hard on him - years ago Firestone Tire would only give you a raise yearly if you donated to United Way - what he should do next time is tell them he already gave and show his donation for say $5.00 total - that shuts them up big time. If you checked your United Way locally - you would not want to donate at all. A lot of organizations are not worthy of any money. Local CEO is grossly overpaid.

Petyr Baelish

L
Don't be too hard on him - years ago Firestone Tire would only give you a raise yearly if you donated to United Way - what he should do next time is tell them he already gave and show his donation for say $5.00 total - that shuts them up big time. If you checked your United Way locally - you would not want to donate at all. A lot of organizations are not worthy of any money. Local CEO is grossly overpaid.

Like I said, I know United Way is a scam, but it was either donate or get fired before my 30 days was up, so I kind of had to. I didn't know I could call HR and get it cancelled.

clean hairy

How much does the CEO make per hour?
Show us where he is contributing his "fair share" (1 hour per week is what they ask for?) each week to UW, along with all the other folks making the big bucks are each putting the "fair share" of what they make each week.
If the ones making millions cannot afford to contribute, how can min wage pt afford to contribute?

Petyr Baelish

Another question, how do I go about requesting to use these days? I have a specific week in mind, but during peak when everyone selected their weeks off I didn't have the option to select a week. Can I just ask for it? If they say no, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks.

ManInBrown

Stop reminding me please, I try to ignore that every week. Basically got blackmailed into it, I wasn't unionized yet, and they made it clear if I didn't do it, it may not work out, me working for UPS and all.
Don’t even sweat it. I got blackmailed also into donating when I first started. Next year tell them you’ll donate on your own time. Not thru UPS

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
L

Like I said, I know United Way is a scam, but it was either donate or get fired before my 30 days was up, so I kind of had to. I didn't know I could call HR and get it cancelled.
Oh yea. I jumped the same hoops just last year. The phone call took forever.

In retrospect. I could have been terrible, and still would have made it past probation. This is only now changing with the $15 minimum wage, 20 people were lined up to be hired for preload when we are currently short 4-6. WOW.

dogs.bite.me

It says you have 20.00 hours of vacation time, and 1 option day available.
It means you have 1 week of vacation and 1 personal day.

You will get your full 8 option days at year 3 I believe.

You also get another week of vacation at year 2 I believe. At least that's how it is where I'm located. Could be different for you. Ask your steward. He should know.

Petyr Baelish

It means you have 1 week of vacation and 1 personal day.

You will get your full 8 option days at year 3 I believe.

You also get another week of vacation at year 2 I believe. At least that's how it is where I'm located. Could be different for you. Ask your steward. He should know.
So how do I go about requesting this week off? During peak when they had a bid sheet up for vacation week bidding, I didn't have a week yet because I hadn't been there a year. Surely I don't have to wait until 2019?

Nimnim

The Nim
But what is OPW? Does that stand for optional week? Like combining 4 optional days plus 1 sick day to make an extra week of vacation.

Ive opted for an optional week a few times before, but ive never seen OPW on a paycheck of mine

OPW is option week, it's in hours like VAC is. When I choose option 3 OPW will start at 28.00 and each day used takes 4 hours from it.

F

Frankie's Friend

So how do I go about requesting this week off? During peak when they had a bid sheet up for vacation week bidding, I didn't have a week yet because I hadn't been there a year. Surely I don't have to wait until 2019?
Here, the employee selects the projected vac week(s) in Nov and dec in seniority order (Cent Reg Art 16) even if they aren't eligible for them at the time of selection so that they get scheduled.
You cant use your seniority until the first yr is up but they schedule them ahead regardless.

JustDeliverIt

Just go to your FT supervisor and tell him/her that you just got your vacation week on your paystub and would like to schedule it. Since everyone else already did, you should have no problem picking a week out right away. But they only allow so many off at a time, so the week you want off may not be available so have a few in mind. That's all you should have to do.

Petyr Baelish

Just go to your FT supervisor and tell him/her that you just got your vacation week on your paystub and would like to schedule it. Since everyone else already did, you should have no problem picking a week out right away. But they only allow so many off at a time, so the week you want off may not be available so have a few in mind. That's all you should have to do.

Okay, I'll do that. There's a very specific week I need off, so fingers crossed.

If no one else has that week off, can they decline my request to use it that week anyway? That is what I'm worried about. It's the last week of October, and I'm worried they'll be dicks, like always, and say no because it is close to peak and I'm the only person who can do my job competently at my facility. I'm a clerk on local sort at my facility, and we already have too many people, so hopefully they'll understand and let me do it.

JustDeliverIt

Okay, I'll do that. There's a very specific week I need off, so fingers crossed.

If no one else has that week off, can they decline my request to use it that week anyway? That is what I'm worried about. It's the last week of October, and I'm worried they'll be dicks, like always, and say no because it is close to peak and I'm the only person who can do my job competently at my facility. I'm a clerk on local sort at my facility, and we already have too many people, so hopefully they'll understand and let me do it.

The only time they won't schedule vacations, at least in my hub, is from the week after Thanksgiving until Xmas. Seeing as how it's October I would think you would be fine but who knows. Usually end of May thru beginning of September are filled up. But again, that's where I am. If you find out that no one is scheduled and they won't approve it, talk to your steward