What liquor or wine are we drinking ?(no beer please you hop heads)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Damn. Must have a good whiskey selection where you're at. We can barely get standard buffalo trace over here. Still have a couple old rips from when I worked for Binnys though, and a Glenfiddich 30 year I was gifted when I left
Yeah I don’t have much trouble finding Taylor small batch sub $50

Brownslave688

Had to try out my new glasses
E5996430-5327-4871-BEAF-857C0BAB35BC.jpeg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My favorite whiskey is available in a rum cask variation??? I don't know. I might have to take a drive tomorrow.

1604112763450.png

quad decade guy

Does anyone tend to pass on "name" brands? Like Dewars or say Bacardi? Like something you would see on a billboard or such? The thinking that "higher quality" in more obscure labels? Is that on the liquor store shelf(dusty bottle) going to be better?

Brownslave688

Does anyone tend to pass on "name" brands? Like Dewars or say Bacardi? Like something you would see on a billboard or such? The thinking that "higher quality" in more obscure labels? Is that on the liquor store shelf(dusty bottle) going to be better?
There are exceptions but price usually follows quality at least in general. You are not likely to find a 15 dollar bottle of whiskey that holds up to a 60 dollar bottle

quad decade guy

There are exceptions but price usually follows quality at least in general. You are not likely to find a 15 dollar bottle of whiskey that holds up to a 60 dollar bottle
Not picking on Dewars(just as an example) but I saw they have 14, 16 and even 20 year blended scotch. I wonder if it's worth trying? Im not a super smoky, peaty kind of fan. I do like smooth, older blended whiskey though. I'll pass every time on anything like Crown as they seem "sweet" to me. Always neat for me. I am willing to pay top dollar for good scotch though.

Brownslave688

Not picking on Dewars(just as an example) but I saw they have 14, 16 and even 20 year blended scotch. I wonder if it's worth trying? Im not a super smoky, peaty kind of fan. I do like smooth, older blended whiskey though. I'll pass every time on anything like Crown as they seem "sweet" to me. Always neat for me. I am willing to pay top dollar for good scotch though.
Yeah I’m not a big scotch fan because I’d the Smokey/earthy flavor

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That’s about what I pay plus shipping
I read it a little closer too. Orders are only confirmed after they contact the distributor for availability and can take a month to get in even then. So I guess there's no guarantees.