What Locals are supporting?

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I agree with this post. However, I’ve often said what could pass this contract. Fix the broken 22.4 language, improve the 9.5 language and catchup raise for current PTers instead of a higher starting wage. Contract passes.
Just out of curiosity, improve the 9.5 language how? How much money in the form of catch up raises and how should it be structured?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Just out of curiosity, improve the 9.5 language how? How much money in the form of catch up raises and how should it be structured?
For current pt employees, you could bump all current employees up $2 and hour.
9.5 should get automatic restitution in the following weeks paycheck.

A

Article 3

What language will screw you out of work?

I have not seen anything that would do that. They could lay you off Monday now and work the cheaper guy Saturday but that is not happening.
Art 26 on Surepost. Read the bold word changes. It went from sublime unenforceable (no union supported enforcement) language to totally pro-company language.
The company can "roll" a 5 or 10% trailer and contractually send all the redirected Surepost packages (UPS drivers were supposed to deliver) to the Post Office.
Better wake up. There is no limit on this abuse in the proposed TA.

Neanderthal

Art 26 on Surepost. Read the bold word changes. It went from sublime unenforceable (no union supported enforcement) language to totally pro-company language.
The company can "roll" a 5 or 10% trailer and contractually send all the redirected Surepost packages (UPS drivers were supposed to deliver) to the Post Office.
Better wake up. There is no limit on this abuse in the proposed TA.

The intent of that is when the company is rolling volume. You’re misnunderstanding the intent of that.

For example if there is a hurricane or snow storm where volume has been rolling for several days - ups will turn off that magic surepost button and start diverting all surepost volume to the post office that one day. Not permanently

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Local: (Will not disclose)

Master: No
Local: (not made yet)

My post earlier explained why. The package handler's 2nd tier system is compromise in the new agreement. While the newbie are getting the 2nd tier treatment within their first 3 years, those who came before are going to be no difference than those 3 years earlier. It is true that the new language will break division among truck drivers. That's another reason for the No vote. We can't have too many division while slowly dismantling the 2nd tier.

The new contract will create future demise undermining the seniority value and break up teamster's teamwork because their interest is diverted toward their "division" and not your. The new contract is a series of problematic language entanglement that making your contract harder to interpret and dispute for grievance.

The financial analysis that suggested the proposal who never work in a seniority and 2nd tier environment will NEVER have the senior brother and sister's best interest.

How come you won’t disclose your Local#

BrownRecycler

How come you won’t disclose your Local#

Don't feel like it. And, even if I did, I have a feeling that I am not getting a mail ballot. I didn't get the Strike Authorization either. I have requested them. Far as I am concerns, we are probably the independent of Teamster for a good economic and union based system while riding off of the Master.

I am fed up with what is going on. And, I am not going to bother quitting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Don't feel like it. And, even if I did, I have a feeling that I am not getting a mail ballot. I didn't get the Strike Authorization either. I have requested them. Far as I am concerns, we are probably the independent of Teamster for a good economic and union based system while riding off of the Master.

I am fed up with what is going on. And, I am not going to bother quitting.

Ok

A

Article 3

The intent of that is when the company is rolling volume. You’re misnunderstanding the intent of that.

For example if there is a hurricane or snow storm where volume has been rolling for several days - ups will turn off that magic surepost button and start diverting all surepost volume to the post office that one day. Not permanently
I can read English and I can understand what I read.

What it actually says is that at peak, and throughout the rest of the year, although the company has done this for the last few years breaking the CBA, they're going to roll trailers and subcontract all the Surepost volume for that facility to our competitor, the Post Office. Our local union has sat on about 30 grievances on Surepost violations for a YEAR. None have been docketed to the state panel. Not one. So the steward ripped the BA's rear end in front of the members at the last membership meeting over it to no avail.

What you misunderstand is that if the company "rolls" a 5% trailer they can send hundreds and thousands of stops to the Post Office any and every day.

Who is going to stop them? The local union? KB at the IBT pkg division? They don't care. And evidently you don't either.

The company would never abuse that open ended language now would they?

A

Article 3

@Neanderthal , one parting thought for you to ponder.

If the 30 grievances in our building were written by one driver then there's thousands upon thousands of subcontracting violations going on right now, without the proposed language allowing them to screw Teamsters out of multiplied hours of work that is truly our negotiated delivery volume.

They're breaking the contract and have been for years without our leadership, who has the evidence in their hands, stepping in to put a stop to it.

So you don't think we will continue to get screwed out of major delivery volume and thus suppress the ft jobs that should be added to cover bargained for work when they're doing it now???

You must be management.

VOTE THIS GARBAGE DOWN!

Last edited by a moderator:

Neanderthal

@Neanderthal , one parting thought for you to ponder.

If the 30 grievances in our building were written by one driver then there's thousands upon thousands of subcontracting violations going on right now, without the proposed language allowing them to screw Teamsters out of multiplied hours of work that is truly our negotiated delivery volume.

They're breaking the contract and have been for years without our leadership, who has the evidence in their hands, stepping in to put a stop to it.

So you don't think we will continue to get screwed out of major delivery volume and thus suppress the ft jobs that should be added to cover bargained for work when they're doing it now???

You must be management.

VOTE THIS GARBAGE DOWN!

Listen, the surepost is nothing but tag along volume.

By nature it’s a by product at a lower price margin offering to be able to afford to discount major shippers other deliveries in the system. (Volume we would get otherwise)

[it should go noted United parcel service does not like the surepost product and when federal express removes smart post (if ever) you would see sure post disseaper over night]

That is the internal cost structure that we do not see so I cannot speak to that.

Secondary to that cost - and more importantly - control of hours with due respect to 9.5 greivances: when there is easy control over nominal margin fluctuating volume - it makes sense to send that trailer to usps.

There is a balance - but you want to take the extreme point of saying we need to deliver everything that comes surepost.

That’s great - but then what do the drivers do that are staffed for the one day a week that fluctuation hits? They get laid off?

There is more to the larger picture than your argument provides. I’m not saying you’re entirely wrong, you just have failed to include considerations.

A

Article 3

Listen, the surepost is nothing but tag along volume.

By nature it’s a by product at a lower price margin offering to be able to afford to discount major shippers other deliveries in the system. (Volume we would get otherwise)

[it should go noted United parcel service does not like the surepost product and when federal express removes smart post (if ever) you would see sure post disseaper over night]

That is the internal cost structure that we do not see so I cannot speak to that.

Secondary to that cost - and more importantly - control of hours with due respect to 9.5 greivances: when there is easy control over nominal margin fluctuating volume - it makes sense to send that trailer to usps.

There is a balance - but you want to take the extreme point of saying we need to deliver everything that comes surepost.

That’s great - but then what do the drivers do that are staffed for the one day a week that fluctuation hits? They get laid off?

There is more to the larger picture than your argument provides. I’m not saying you’re entirely wrong, you just have failed to include considerations.
You have failed in responding to the evidenced points I posted.

To your first statement I say it's volume and the CBA says that the commercial, duplicate, multiple pkg, and proximity stops are to be delivered by UPS drivers, not our competition. There's no way you can smoke screen the written language in the 2013-2018 CBA. End of story.

Your second paragraph says that Surepost volume is volume we would deliver if it had not been integrated into the Surepost post office bulk. Your own words convict you.

Then you admit the company is violating our agreed to language to control hours and scabbing our work to the competition to reduce "9.5 grievances" instead of hiring more drivers. Seriously?? That is my whole point.There's enough subcontracting going on to put several drivers on in our building.
What stupidity can you offer up next to destroy your own argument?!

BTW: no where in this argument did I say anything about sending a "trailer" to the USPS. Please read, comprehend, and then post. This may help you unless you're just filling this with your typical smoke.

You also fictitiously state that I said that we need to deliver everything that comes in Surepost. Please post that for everyone to see. Can you find it? Nope. Just another lie you've spewed to dodge the real issue being discussed.

Please respond to the real issue at hand truthfully if you have the capacity. If you have nothing else to offer except smoke and lies please keep it to yourself. We have a TA to get through.

Last edited by a moderator:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Automatic restitution meaning without having to file a grievance?
Exactly correct. They will tell you “it can’t be done”, but that’s bull crap. We already get automatic “time bonuses” for 2 additional 10 min breakers that we get for going over 10 hours. However says it’s impossible is either an idiot or ignorant.