What PreWorkout or Vitamins work best for you?

upsgrunt

My loader and I would be having a very one-sided conversation if I ever walked up to my pkg car and saw anything like this.

I bet they could make your life more miserable than you could make theirs.
When I was a pre-loader a woman driver came in one morning and chewed me a new one because the load wasn't like she thought it should be. The next morning I loaded it completely backwards and she never said another word to me about her load again. The preload supe knew I was doing it as well, and also never said a word because he heard the bashing I took the day before.

mixyo

Dispatcher
I bet they could make your life more miserable than you could make theirs.
When I was a pre-loader a woman driver came in one morning and chewed me a new one because the load wasn't like she thought it should be. The next morning I loaded it completely backwards and she never said another word to me about her load again. The preload supe knew I was doing it as well, and also never said a word because he heard the bashing I took the day before.
Damn straight - don't piss off your loader(s)!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I agree with Dave. My loader and I would be having a nice convo. It wouldn't be angry aggressive, but rather a nice version of me asking them sweetly to get what I want. Works 85% of the time.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I love yeungling. can only drink it when I'm at my buddy's in CT. RI doesn't carry it.

Yeungling is a union busting company just FYI.
Sadly the only American owned, union made beer left that I know of is Pabst Blue Ribbon, and their beer is actually brewed by Miller I believe.

I try to stick with one of the many local microbreweries, but many people aren't fortunate enough to have that option. Although Anheuser-Busch is now Belgian/Brazilian owned they do employ a few teamsters so that will do in a pinch.

BrownArmy

My loader and I would be having a very one-sided conversation if I ever walked up to my pkg car and saw anything like this.

I'm cover, and they move the loaders around all the time.

Honestly, given the circumstances of the day, this guy did the best he could.

He even apologized.

It is what it is.

(Upstate, if you worked in my center for a week, your head would explode, no offense).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my 24 years I have never seen any of the pkg cars in my center loaded using a snowblower, which is what this looks like. We have bricked-out loads but at least the packages are loaded somewhat in order and in an orderly fashion.

J

jibbs

Lol, I wake up and go to work. Might grab a granola bar for the shift but nothing other than that and water until I clock out.

I could easily see myself blowing chunks all over the preload if I were to work with a full stomach. My stomach's weak as hell for the first few hours after I wake up, and it's ridiculously worse if any dairy's involved.

I always thought it weird when I'd see another preloader coming in with a bag of McDonald's or something similar. Sure, it tastes good going down, but I'm not much a fan of my food bustin' a U-turn halfway through digestion.

Yeungling And some summer shandy. But good guess.

Sunset Wheat's better.

[EDIT: smile*. I didn't realize there were two pages full of posts here. Thread topic seems to have evolved past the question posed in the title. My bad, my bad....]

Cementups

Box Monkey
Don't place all the blame on the loader. A supervisor is just as much, if not more, responsible for allowing that truck to be loaded like that.

Future

Victory Ride
Same difference...

It's still a cluster-eff.

I don't blame the loaders; there's only a few ways to fit eight lbs of crap into a five lb box, and none of them are good.
Time to be a big boy and do your job. Deliver the **** and stop crying.

mixyo

Dispatcher
I don't blame the loaders; there's only a few ways to fit eight lbs of crap into a five lb box, and none of them are good.
This is certainly refreshing to hear!

I'm a loader in charge of two non-standard trucks. 3/5 days a week the trucks are totally ****ED...Much worse than in that picture. Do I do it on purpose? Of course not. But there is just way too much **** that has to go into the trucks and often it's impossible to make it all fit. I have a lot of respect for both my drivers, and they get pissed off (mostly about the amount of packages, not the load quality), but there's not a whole lot anyone can do.

Loyal Teamster

This is certainly refreshing to hear!

I'm a loader in charge of two non-standard trucks. 3/5 days a week the trucks are totally ****ED...Much worse than in that picture. Do I do it on purpose? Of course not. But there is just way too much **** that has to go into the trucks and often it's impossible to make it all fit. I have a lot of respect for both my drivers, and they get pissed off (mostly about the amount of packages, not the load quality), but there's not a whole lot anyone can do.

Nothing is impossible. Being heavy isn't an excuse for not meeting UPS loading standards. In my career a a loader, i've had really heavy trucks, but i've never lowered my standards.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster