What Should Ovah Bid next Month?

What should Ovah bid?

• Total voters
P

pickup

I see the discussion has moved over to Upstate's "advice thread".

I think Ovah put this poll up for entertainment purposes for if his true purpose was to determine which job is the best for him , he would have just started a thread along the lines of "Anyone got a 22.3 job?" and then when one pops the thread open, one would see an opening post asking for info about that particular job: drawbacks, advantages".

Ovah, you know better than anyone what a feeders job entails in your building. You forgot to mention the shifting but we know that you hate that.

Same for package, you have been there and done that.

Apparently, you seem to be have no confusion about what an inside job would entail.

It seems the one job you don't have info on is the 22.3.

That is the one you should find out about in your building, however as we know with bid jobs, those that have 'em and like them should not let everyone else know that they like their jobs, especially letting those know who can outbid them at the next bid. So your best bet for info about this job may not come from someone who has the job in your building

So , Ovah started a poll, one I didn't vote on because just like Ovah, I don't have enough info(less than he has). However, those that want to play along can play along. I did learn some interesting things , one being that there is an 8 hour sign up sheet at a the feeder's dept in chicago. I wish we had that in my building.

Upstate has a point , I suppose, but he came on a tad bit strong. I think Ovah put this thread up because he was bored. I don't have a problem with that. I wasn't even going to respond to it, but apparently I just did.

It is what it is and apparently Ovah got what he was looking for, because he took the "fight"(for lack of a better word) over to Upstate's thread looking for advice. He's was looking to fight his boredom, and he is succeeding.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I guess I'm not the only to think that this is a decision not to be based upon the opinions of strangers.
You are being grumpy this morning. When I said that last night I was laughing. I asked him so I could gauge my answer to his response. I thought the poll was funny (and not funny in a serious way). If Ovah wants to ask us what we think, that's up to him. Life is to short to be so serious all the time. Lighten up a little Dave. Have some fun. :wink2:

old levi's

blank space
This come as a shock too you but the world does not revolve around menotyou.

I am not upset with Over in the least.

That would be impossible, given that one object (the world) cannot occupy two different spaces at the same time.
Everyone knows that the world already revolves around you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I always ask for advice from the people who know the ins and outs. My families opinion of course would matter, but people I work with are my other family.

over9five

Staff member
I always ask for advice from the people who know the ins and outs. My families opinion of course would matter, but people I work with are my other family.
Exactly. Unlike Upstate, the people on Brown Cafe are my friends.
To Upstate, you are all "strangers".

over9five

Staff member
A couple of things are making Package look attractive:

1. I can for the first time in my career bid the route that delivers my house. Home for lunch..... nooners....

2. There's only so long they can work you. If you pick up enough air, you have to make the air door. I know they could have you dump it, but on my last route I picked up too many to dump.

In Feeders if you get back to the gate at 8 hours or at 12 hours, they can and do send you back out.
I'm sick of forced OT. In Package, even with OT you can at least estimate pretty close what time you'll be done. You never have any idea what time you'll be done in Feeders.

Jones is right about the paycut for 22.3, probably won't do that.

FT inside is the same pay, but no OT. Also attractive.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A couple of things are making Package look attractive:

1. I can for the first time in my career bid the route that delivers my house. Home for lunch..... nooners....

2. There's only so long they can work you. If you pick up enough air, you have to make the air door. I know they could have you dump it, but on my last route I picked up too many to dump.

In Feeders if you get back to the gate at 8 hours or at 12 hours, they can and do send you back out.
I'm sick of forced OT. In Package, even with OT you can at least estimate pretty close what time you'll be done. You never have any idea what time you'll be done in Feeders.

Jones is right about the paycut for 22.3, probably won't do that.

FT inside is the same pay, but no OT. Also attractive.

I voted pkg, since your kids are gone, what you have left of an evening, you wont have demands. Just a wife, and after yrs of marriage, she cant be that demanding:flirtysmile3:
And then you can complain with us......better.
Inside full time means you would be around the same people all....day......LONG, Every day!!!! ICK. Although 8 hrs every day, dinners with the wife, every day, does sound attractive.

moreluck

golden ticket member
C'mon, you know #1 means a lunch-time can of soup....and 'nooner' only refers to the approx. time you will be having your soup !!!

old levi's

blank space
The bad thing about FT inside is no OT.

The good thing about FT inside is no OT!

Here, Porter is the dream job; go in at 0500 / walk out of the bldg. at 1400.