WHAT THE * * ***** ** Car dealerships

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Found a cheap SOB 900s for sale, 2K plus a limited warranty which covers just a little over half of the vehicle's value if the engine or transmission breaks down in 4 weeks.

It was an awesome little car, took it to get inspected, everything was worn out (the car is 23 years old) but not immediately a concern.

Took it back, and the dealer withdraws the 30-day warranty "It is void if you take it for an inspection" FFFFFFFFFFF
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

One day's pay double shifting wasted.
U made 2k in a day???

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The timing chain is going to shred my engine soon if I don't get a new ride.
Going to work out my fists on some corrugated cardboard for now.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Took a 3 hour nap, what did I miss:
How about a new timing chain
The second car was meant to be driven as I
If he was a mechanic? He could get a bargain
repair the timing chain myself.

$2,000 for a pos car that had "everything wrong with it". Sucker
The mechanic loved the car. No issues that needed to be repaired "for the next 20,000 miles" It was not a POS. The original terms made it a diamond in the rough, a steal.
The warranty was just there as something to be included by principle of it being offered initially.

Reddit was very helpful, and so was another business nearby. They disclosed to me that the dealer and auto shop HATE each other because the shop has been used in the past to seek out warranty payouts on vehicles which stopped working. It's gotten so far up their rear that an anonymous redditor just got a new/certified VW dealership nearby in on the action to place a phonecall to this little used car lot and see what's up.

oldngray

nowhere special
Took a 3 hour nap, what did I miss:

The second car was meant to be driven as I

repair the timing chain myself.

The mechanic loved the car. No issues that needed to be repaired "for the next 20,000 miles" It was not a POS. The original terms made it a diamond in the rough, a steal.
The warranty was just there as something to be included by principle of it being offered initially.

Reddit was very helpful, and so was another business nearby. They disclosed to me that the dealer and auto shop HATE each other because the shop has been used in the past to seek out warranty payouts on vehicles which stopped working. It's gotten so far up their rear that an anonymous redditor just got a new/certified VW dealership nearby in on the action to place a phonecall to this little used car lot and see what's up.

So the dealer got a free inspection that showed the car wasn't that bad and used it to jack up the price?

Why did you tell them you paid to have it inspected?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Found a cheap SOB 900s for sale, 2K plus a limited warranty which covers just a little over half of the vehicle's value if the engine or transmission breaks down in 4 weeks.

It was an awesome little car, took it to get inspected, everything was worn out (the car is 23 years old) but not immediately a concern.

Took it back, and the dealer withdraws the 30-day warranty "It is void if you take it for an inspection" FFFFFFFFFFF
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

One day's pay double shifting wasted.
hqdefault-1.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years

The OP said "everything was wore out" in his first post