What this contract will bring to UPS

P

philly0588

If this contract passes both part timers and full timers will continue to be unhappy!! Thats the botttom line. Most parts timers (at least where i work) work more than 4 hours a day and dont have a normal workload. So starting someone at 8.50 an hour compared to 23 an hour for full time now and 28 an hour in 6 yrs is a slap in the face. We all know that part time means part time but not when your doin abnormal amounts of work and breakin your back within a 4-5 hour span, it takes a toll on your body. Pretty sad that Fed Ex can pay there part timers more money when 1st hired. Hope the drivers enjoy there :censored2:ty loads from now on cause thats what there gonna get from part timers off the street from yrs to come
icon45.gif
sad2.gif

O

over9five

"Hope the drivers enjoy there :censored2:ty loads from now on ......."

Woohooooo !!!!! More overtime !!!!!!

U

upslocal480

My thoughts exactly! Its a slap in the face and an unlubed fist up the a@@. As much as full timers are being payed they might as well come in on preload and load their trucks themselves, then go out on their routes, then unload the pickups at the end of the shift. Thats how they did it in the old days. I've been at UPS 3.5 years and make 11.00/hr and a dollar of that is for sorting. Thats 10 less than the average driver and less than your typical Fed Ex employee with lest time in than me!!!! Enough said.}

G

grayfox1

overfive.....you mean the loads were good up till now?? and now they will get :censored2:ty...........

U

upsdood

AMEN YOU SAID IT PHILLY. BUT ITS A SAD THING IN THIS COMPANY AND THE UNION. THE CONTRACT IS GOING TO PASS. CUZZ HOFFA IS SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY. THE MEDIA HAS BEEN BOUGHT. AND WE ARE STILL SLAVES TO THE MAN.

T

thedrooler

Lordy, lordy, duh man be whuppin' on us agin! I cain't take no mo'. Dood, you're a real trip. But you do make us laugh. We surely thank you for that.

Drooler

S

smf0605

Just to set the record straight. UPS does actually pay more for part-timers when first hired. From the first hour the new part-timer works UPS pays $4.21 per hour for Pension and $4.46 per hour for Health & Welfare. Combine that with the $8.50 wages and the total is $17.17. If the employee is a preloader their starting wage is $9.50, which brings the total to $18.17. Remind me again, how much did you say FedEx was starting their part-timers?

U

upslocal480

smf0605.....Fed Ex Express, not Fed Ex Ground, starts off at a higher rate per hour than UPS does. I know of some people that have, or still work there and they were making more starting out there than I do now at UPS and they also had benefits and a pension to look forward to just like we do.

P

philly0588

Why doesnt the Union and UPS just come out and say that they dont care about the part timers and also dont care about family life for the full time drivers. I would rather hear that then the all these lies. The gap in wages will only get wider and drivers will still be workin overtime all day. Hmmmmmm werent 10,000 jobs supposed to be created in the last contract?? Interesting... nothin but lies
zorro.gif
moom.gif
}

T

therodog

funny how tie-guy isnt around in this thread. He is here just to spy on us, and report back to the bosses.

T

thedrooler

dog

Keep looking over your shoulder. Your paranoia is gaining on you.

Drooler

T

tieguy

What an asinine statement to make dog. You act like your in some discreet night club somewhere instead of on a internet web page anyone including the bosses can easily access.