What was your last two jobs before UPS?

City Driver

1. A technician for a Ford dealer
  2. A technician for a Chevrolet dealer
  3. Paid $67.00 per week for single (Blue Cross) @ the Ford dealer
  4. Paid $75.00 per week for single (Blue Cross) @ the Chevrolet dealer
  5. Started work @ UPS and I pay $0.00 Per week for Family plan:happy-very:

i was confused for a minute and thought the $67 and $75 a week was your wage......i was really feelin sorry for you for a minute there

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't want to contradict or offend you, UpState, but the Services do have civilian support personnel. I've applied for several jobs in civilian roles nationwide, including on Air Force bases. I haven't had any interviews with them but they do exist. How well they pay is unknown to me beyond the ranges posted with the announcements but they look OK. The benefits look like the usual federal package. -Rocky

That's what I thought he meant.

Civilian employees actually work for the government and do not enjoy the same benefit package that the military personnel do. I assumed (yeah, I know) that his sister was in the Air Force.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
1) Asst Press Operator at a printing company (oddly enough its down the street from my center, and as of May 1st has closed due to the economy)
2) Asst Golf Course Superintendent. At G.H. Walker Bush's home course in Kennebunkport, Me.

Pump Up The Volume

Problem is were paying a substantial amount in benefits when we retire.

I'd gladly pay for benefits now when I'm working then when I'm retired and losing my pension to maintain health benefits.

upsgrunt

1. Pork and grain farmer while living at home during High School.

2. Went to college and started part time at UPS until I graduated

3. McDonalds, Sears, and a petting zoo as part time summer jobs while working part time at UPS.

ol'browneye

I worked at a furniture store helping set up floor displays and moving furniture while I preloaded at UPS. (It made for some long days.)

Before that I was a cook at Kentucky Fried Chicken in high school and beyond.

poozer2000

coopervision uk (despatch and inventory control) did get to visit there west henrietta site in up state NY if any of you folks know it ) 11 yrs

a baker for safeways 7yrs.... yes thats right a master baker.......

raceanoncr

1. Truck driver

2. Heavy Equipment operator (Cat 621, 627 scrapers, Cat D8 push cat,
Cat 14 blade).

Didn't pay for benefits...did GET any benefits.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Leaseway Transportation, Line Haul & Military

Red Star Express, Road Driver & Military

New York State & Military & UPS

For 20 more months...........

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
1) School Bus driver while in HS
2) Worked summers in a peach shed running a box machine( Hands down the dirtyist and hottest job I have ever worked- stuck in a back corner of the shed with no air flow.
Been with UPS since HS ended