What will get you fired at UPS?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Dishonestly is kryptonite for hourlies.
harassment is kryptonite for supervisors.
Otherwise you get a free vacation week and nothing else happens...

IESucks

For the last 3 years of driving and 3 years of part time I have been told multiple times I will be fired. I have only been fired once, for a “cardinal sin” and got my job back within 30 days.

I’m wondering what will get you the walk of shame for good at this company and what are just bull:censored2: threats?
Stealing

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Stealing, fighting, lying about what you did, not reporting accidents, bringing handguns through the guard shack, sexual harassment, and very severe accidents.

Last edited:

Maplewood

Our you can almost always get your job back. we have a couple guys with 20+ accidents. You never get your job back if you don't report it, no matter how minor.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
For the last 3 years of driving and 3 years of part time I have been told multiple times I will be fired. I have only been fired once, for a “cardinal sin” and got my job back within 30 days.

I’m wondering what will get you the walk of shame for good at this company and what are just bull:censored2: threats?
I have seen walk of shame honorees get their jobs back.

Drink Craft Beer

Ive seen someone get canned for good coming to work stoned...a driver...never got his job back and the union always reminds us that they cannot protect us from excessive call-ins

So my list is the big 5, in order of severity

1. Theft (Time, Property)
2. Drugs/Alcohol
3. Dishonesty (Accidents, Recording, Time)
4. AWOL
5. Excessive Accidents/Collisions
6. Making violent threats against/towards employees in the hub ..... "I'll just come in tomorrow and shoot up the place" regardless if you're joking around.