What will get you fired at UPS?

john chesney

Ft driver for three years. The only thing I’ve seen someone get fired for is theft. We had a driver lay a beating on a supervisor who touched him got back pay, heard of multiple crashes still working, different fights job back I just don’t get how they can fire you at this place. It’s a nut house.
Theft, workplace violence, dishonesty, sexual harassment, drunk or high on the job,serious accident especially a runaway and unreported accident. These are the big ones you might not come back from

El Correcto

god is dead
Theft, workplace violence, dishonesty, sexual harassment, drunk or high on the job,serious accident especially a runaway and unreported accident. These are the big ones you might not come back from
What other company is like this? I see theft as one you don’t come back from unless they blanket something that’s not theft as theft.

Maplewood

For the last 3 years of driving and 3 years of part time I have been told multiple times I will be fired. I have only been fired once, for a “cardinal sin” and got my job back within 30 days.

I’m wondering what will get you the walk of shame for good at this company and what are just bull:censored2: threats?
I know drivers with 15+, mostly minor accidents. A couple days suspension max. Nobody gets their job back by not reporting even minor accidents.

Zowert

Even drugs won’t get you fired, at least if you’re willing to admit you have a problem and you need help.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Even drugs won’t get you fired, at least if you’re willing to admit you have a problem and you need help.

I'm not sure where you heard that.

Pursuant to every supplement and Article 35....

It's a cardinal sin and subject to immediate discharge.

-Bug-

El Correcto

god is dead

-Bug-
This actually depends as well. I’ve seen part timers sent home for being drunk or stoned. Never a driver though, we had one fired for having weed in his package car on route job lost.

john chesney

What other company is like this? I see theft as one you don’t come back from unless they blanket something that’s not theft as theft.
The company has huge liability when it comes to workplace violence and sexual or racial discrimination. Sexual harassment also a big deal and might I mention lgbt discrimination. UPS has a lot of money and has been and will continue to be sued for any of these actions therefore any persons violating these policies will be terminated and probably won’t be coming back. It’s not like ups really cares about the people they just don’t want sued

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
The company has huge liability when it comes to workplace violence and sexual or racial discrimination. Sexual harassment also a big deal and might I mention lgbt discrimination." UPS has a lot of money and has been and will continue to be sued "for any of these actions therefore any persons violating these policies will be terminated and probably won’t be coming back. It’s not like ups really cares about the people they just don’t want sued

This.

Our job is:
1) to create no liability for the company, and to cause no harm, injury or lose to ourself, and our fellow man/woman.
To encompass: safety, health, property, pets, etc, etc, etc...
2) Job classification. (See rule 1)
3) follow the methods, work as directed. (see rule 1)

This pretty much covers everything.

Zowert

-Bug-

From a driver here who went to rehab for alcoholism and a heavy Percocet habit. I don’t think he was caught using on the clock though, it was a case of him walking into management’s office with a steward and admitting he had a drinking problem. Kept his job and is actually doing very well now. I know the outcome wouldn’t be the same for someone who waits until they get busted to admit they have a drug/alcohol problem.