What would it take for a Yes Vote?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
unfortunatly alot of it isn't ups forcing us but local and state laws that require a lunch. i think alot of supplements are based on regional laws on breaks and they go with the laws with the most time required
If they just shut down the diads for an hour sometime between 10-3 all this wouldn’t be an issue. Driver could still decide in that window when they want to take their time. See so many drivers taking their lunch next to the buildings…so much bs. If you can’t find time during the day you have too many stops.

Cowboy Mac

Afaic, that is a right you have earned…we go straight to the bottom here (as with most of the west coast unfortunately) Pretty much all we have is our seniority so bumping privilege are part of that. I would think that you waiting so long to go into feeders would be the exception, not the rule. Feeder always won’t be for everyone and even though there are those who would wait to go and bump over people, most would come in when they could and just fall in line with their company seniority???
It’s the same here in my local. I like the simplicity of not having 10 seniority dates, but I could see some guys staying in package just long enough to get a daytime feeder schedule. For some guys already in feeders it would be like the carrot on a stick almost getting a good run then getting bumped by a package guy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s the same here in my local. I like the simplicity of not having 10 seniority dates, but I could see some guys staying in package just long enough to get a daytime feeder schedule. For some guys already in feeders it would be like the carrot on a stick almost getting a good run then getting bumped by a package guy.
I hear you but how many drivers would actually do this??? If it’s a few every so often then that’s just the tits..if it’s 100 drivers then that’s a whole other story.

Cowboy Mac

I hear you but how many drivers would actually do this??? If it’s a few every so often then that’s just the tits..if it’s 100 drivers then that’s a whole other story.
Who knows. I want to see a local switch over to doing it the other way just to see what happens.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Afaic, that is a right you have earned…we go straight to the bottom here (as with most of the west coast unfortunately) Pretty much all we have is our seniority so bumping privilege are part of that. I would think that you waiting so long to go into feeders would be the exception, not the rule. Feeder always won’t be for everyone and even though there are those who would wait to go and bump over people, most would come in when they could and just fall in line with their company seniority???
I agree with you. I will never agree that you should move to the bottom just because you change classification.
And I tried to go out to feeders 15-20 years earlier but that’s a whole other issue. If my body wasn’t giving out at 42 (when I moved to feeders) I would still be in package. But here I am 6 years later and still in feeders. I do miss the hustle and the people in package. But not enough to cripple myself by going back. 😂

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree with you. I will never agree that you should move to the bottom just because you change classification.
And I tried to go out to feeders 15-20 years earlier but that’s a whole other issue. If my body wasn’t giving out at 42 (when I moved to feeders) I would still be in package. But here I am 6 years later and still in feeders. I do miss the hustle and the people in package. But not enough to cripple myself by going back. 😂
Are you eligible to retire?