What's happening with Amazon??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah I was wondering about that...haven't heard a word about losing Amazon...lol. Either management is lying to her husband...or her husband is lying to her.
Plenty of it on my truck today and unless he works in one tiny center I'm sure it would be more than 1000 pieces.

Bottom rung

If this driver is in the surrounding area if a amazon warehouse all one to three pounders are direct fed to usps. Unless they're prime members. Or so I'm told. That could be the lack of volume she's speaking of.

No Amazon in my truck.
IMG_20150122_133842965.jpg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Right, because secretly he doesn't WANT to go to Turks & Caicos in 6 weeks, the trip we already have plane tickets for and are saving up spending cash for, and he WANTED to burn an optional day today, on this dreary, gray, cold, Midwestern Thursday because why the hell not? And more than anything, he really loves that I work for the :censored2:bag that i do and secretly really wants me to stay here longer than the 18 years I've already been, even though one of the best things for him about getting full time at UPS was the fact that I now would have options to go elsewhere. You're right, I mean, I've only known the man 17 years and I'm clearly stupid so you're totally right. I have no idea about who he is or what his intentions are.
You need to change your name to "bleedinred" because you seem to be on the rag 24/7 and give all women a bad name.
Just because he wants to go to Turks and Caicos doesn't mean he wants to work for it. I know plenty of people who talk about how they are going to be millionaires someday. Yet do just enough to skate by. Maybe try not to explode on someone for offering a very reasonable view.

If we lost Amazon that would be news to me. Especially since we had a crap ton of Amazon that got delivered in my center yesterday. Heck I'm waiting for two Amazon packages that got shipped UPS. It's January, everybody is broke from Christmas, and nobody is buying anything. Tell your hubby to stop worrying about not knowing something and bump someone. Or send him to my shift. I'll give him hours.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Maybe buried on the 5th page of the Business section. No one really cares how things are shipped --as long as the are on time and not damaged.
It would be big in the business section. You're talking about UPS losing a massive account.

Either way it would never happen. We couldn't carry all of the Amazon volume and FedEx couldn't either. There is just too much for one carrier to take.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Pretty much.

I refuse to understand why they use this route to train on. It's one of the bulkiest routes with tons of irregs.

I walk through the door this morn and the preload sup says good luck today.
Here's a tad bit of poetic justice...one of the two off the street seasonal drivers I loaded for the past peak has been sent to preload...and today I was told to teach "this :censored2:" (my center manager's words, not mine) how to load. Hi only driver who didn't tip me at Xmas....I'm going to run your azzz ragged today loading 5 trucks...While I stand around and eat animal crackers...lmao.

rod

Retired 22 years
It would be big in the business section. You're talking about UPS losing a massive account.

Either way it would never happen. We couldn't carry all of the Amazon volume and FedEx couldn't either. There is just too much for one carrier to take.

OK - I will agree it would probably be on the 1st page of the Business section BUT who reads that? Maybe 1 out of hundred. The Business section is about a half a step above the Classified they are the first used to wrap fish guts.:-)

PhatAzz

If he's a cover driver then he can always go back to his part time classification and work. In addition to his regular PT classification job, He could step up and run air routes in the AM if he has enough seniority. P/T work at the part time pay scale is better than $0 or 0 hours at TCD rate.

And more than anything, he really loves that I work for the :censored2:bag that i do and secretly really wants me to stay here longer than the 18 years I've already been, even though one of the best things for him about getting full time at UPS was the fact that I now would have options to go elsewhere.
I can see from the above statements that your life is in turmoil. Trust me, it's UPS's fault. It always is. Keep thinking that way. Every morning when you wake up and hold a gun to his head and FORCE him to go to work. Because somebody wanted to be a truck driver.
You just keep pushing him out the door every morning - keep telling him to - go get it mister!!!
He'll probably end up hating you for doing that, just as much as he hates UPS.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Where is turks and caicos, and why dont I know about it? PLEASE dont hate him for having a job you hate, or because you have to go to it. Its called a partnership. We cant all have hummingbirds and unicorns every day.