What's happening with Amazon??

CaliforniaPaul

To the OP---if we did indeed lose Amazon his hub would be down a lot more than just 1K pkgs per day.
In my neck of the woods, California, my ups deliveries from Amazon are now being delivered by the post office. The carrier said that the have a new contract with Amazon and that they even have a Sunday delivery schedule for Amazon parcels only. I have about six orders of Amazon scheduled the next few days and only one is ups and one fedex the rest USPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my neck of the woods, California, my ups deliveries from Amazon are now being delivered by the post office. The carrier said that the have a new contract with Amazon and that they even have a Sunday delivery schedule for Amazon parcels only. I have about six orders of Amazon scheduled the next few days and only one is ups and one fedex the rest USPS.

Do you live relatively close to an Amazon distribution center?

MAKAVELI

Do you live relatively close to an Amazon distribution center?
We are experiencing the same drop in volume from Amazon at Express. Especially Saturdays. They are building " sort centers" near major metro areas that are essentially like our hubs. They receive orders from the distribution centers, sort according to zip then truck that freight to the post office for final delivery. They have 15 online and plan to open 40.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are experiencing the same drop in volume from Amazon at Express. Especially Saturdays. They are building " sort centers" near major metro areas that are essentially like our hubs. They receive orders from the distribution centers, sort according to zip then truck that freight to the post office for final delivery. They have 15 online and plan to open 40.

Can the Post Office handle the extra volume?

Returntosender

Until recently, the postal service typically offered the most affordable rates for packages weighing less than 10 pounds. But in September, the postal service lowered its rates for Priority Mail, extending its affordable pricing options to packages weighing as much as 40 pounds.
This move signals the intent of the postal service to compete with FedEx and UPS head-on by targeting the weight classes that they typically deliver the most. Plus, with UPS' and FedEx’s expansion of dimensional weight pricing (charging based on the size of the package, regardless of weight), many businesses that ship large, lightweight packages will probably turn to the U.S. Postal Service as a lower-cost alternative.
A December survey of 700 customers by my company, Endicia, found just that: Eighty percent of the businesses surveyed claimed they will use the U.S. Postal Service for their larger, lightweight shipments now that dimensional weight pricing has come into play.

The Postal Service Emerges as Shipping Powerhouse for Small Businesses

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Where is turks and caicos, and why dont I know about it? PLEASE dont hate him for having a job you hate, or because you have to go to it. Its called a partnership. We cant all have hummingbirds and unicorns every day.
Somewhere in the Carribean I believe. I wonder if her hubby is taking the family jewels on the trip...or if she's making him leave them in the mason jar under the sink? lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Right, because secretly he doesn't WANT to go to Turks & Caicos in 6 weeks, the trip we already have plane tickets for and are saving up spending cash for, and he WANTED to burn an optional day today, on this dreary, gray, cold, Midwestern Thursday because why the hell not? And more than anything, he really loves that I work for the :censored2:bag that i do and secretly really wants me to stay here longer than the 18 years I've already been, even though one of the best things for him about getting full time at UPS was the fact that I now would have options to go elsewhere. You're right, I mean, I've only known the man 17 years and I'm clearly stupid so you're totally right. I have no idea about who he is or what his intentions are.

You need to change your name to "bleedinred" because you seem to be on the rag 24/7 and give all women a bad name.
So, does it suck to be wrong? :rofl:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Until recently, the postal service typically offered the most affordable rates for packages weighing less than 10 pounds. But in September, the postal service lowered its rates for Priority Mail, extending its affordable pricing options to packages weighing as much as 40 pounds.
This move signals the intent of the postal service to compete with FedEx and UPS head-on by targeting the weight classes that they typically deliver the most. Plus, with UPS' and FedEx’s expansion of dimensional weight pricing (charging based on the size of the package, regardless of weight), many businesses that ship large, lightweight packages will probably turn to the U.S. Postal Service as a lower-cost alternative.
A December survey of 700 customers by my company, Endicia, found just that: Eighty percent of the businesses surveyed claimed they will use the U.S. Postal Service for their larger, lightweight shipments now that dimensional weight pricing has come into play.

The Postal Service Emerges as Shipping Powerhouse for Small Businesses

4 words for you !!!

THEY NEED BIGGER TRUCKS !!!!

Just putting extra routes out or working Sundays isn't going to deliver all that volume.
Not busting your stones, just funny that USPS is getting into this business without proper vehicles.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If I was him, I would have stop paying the internet bill a long time ago :D

He fcked up! This one snoops too much

No more amazon wtf...classic
Agreed....busted. That's what happens when guys get too greedy. Take a day or two off once in a while...take too many days and you're juggling your lies like some guys try to juggle women...lol.