What's the deal with DR bags right now?

JL 0513

Wondering if this is a regional thing or nationwide. We no longer get the bags that fit on...the bag holder (since around October). The supplier we have now makes rolls without the cardboard tube. Imagine trying to use toilet paper without the tube to hang it up, LOL. Just another thing to make our jobs harder. I hope you guys in Seattle are still getting proper bags.

JL 0513

I thought that someone grabbed garbage bags by mistake. They are a mess all over the shelf.

Yeah, they're also not attached to each other with perforation. The only thing you can do is lay them in a tote or some other box.

JL 0513

Another Cost Cutting Measure
UPS is going broke

People keep suggesting this but UPS net profit was $4.791B in 2018. Near record level (only 2 other recent years were slightly higher).

Plus, I can't imagine these bags being any cheaper by any measure that matters. They're just not rolled on a tube.

Indecisi0n

We we're asked at Fridays PCM that when we went food shopping over the weekend to make the women plastic bag each item separate then use all those extra bags to bag packages at work.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This is hilarious.....I thought someone at my building accidentally ordered the wrong bags.

I asked about them and we were told they’re bigger. My thought is that the larger ones can’t be on roll.

Who knows though, one thing that is for sure is they’re a mess.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
These new bags are thicker plastic so I don't see how they are cheaper. I stick the roll into a DR bag and knot that whenever I'm not using them so they don't unroll all over the place. I know one driver that keeps his in a coffee can he bungeed to his dash.