Whats the "lightest" route in your center?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A person has to have some "winding down" time.
Yup that's why people shouldn't act like little girls and trip on what time they go to bed or worried if they get enough sleep on a school night. That's what you call letting the job control your life. Definitely a sign of mental weakness.

Indecisi0n

Yup that's why people shouldn't act like little girls and trip on what time they go to bed or worried if they get enough sleep on a school night. That's what you call letting the job control your life. Definitely a sign of mental weakness.
I should be sleeping right now...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

People shouldn't have to take allergy medicine every night just to be able to fall asleep. Definitely a sign of chemical dependence.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Been running an extended that should have its own satellite...25-40 stops, 325-405 miles a day and was lucky enough to run out of gas only 36 miles from home! Good times!

brownstreak86

I've been running my first extended route all week. 286 miles on Monday, 72 stops, 1 pickup. Tuesday 274 miles, 67 stops, 1 pickup. Today I ran 284 miles, 62 stops, 1 pickup. UPS has to lose money on these routes right? All I can think is that the price is absorbed by other routes in the larger towns.
Its nice delivering to the middle of nowhere, people don't care when you show up, they are just happy that you show up. Saw more elk and antelope than people.

wayfair

swollen member
I've been running my first extended route all week. 286 miles on Monday, 72 stops, 1 pickup. Tuesday 274 miles, 67 stops, 1 pickup. Today I ran 284 miles, 62 stops, 1 pickup. UPS has to lose money on these routes right? All I can think is that the price is absorbed by other routes in the larger towns.
Its nice delivering to the middle of nowhere, people don't care when you show up, they are just happy that you show up. Saw more elk and antelope than people.
someone pays.....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What do you do about fuel? No package car that I am aware of can go 280 miles on a tank...the one I am in right now is sucking fumes at 150...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What do you do about fuel? No package car that I am aware of can go 280 miles on a tank...the one I am in right now is sucking fumes at 150...
We are issued fuel cards. Lots of perks that come with filling up on area. Free gas, carwashes, coffee & donuts, etc.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Guess you guys on these 70 stops routes are the mythical few that will make it 30 yrs and not be crippled. . Lucky bastards

barnyard

KTM rider

We have several cars in my center that will do at least 280 miles to the tank. We have fuel cards for all the diesels and fill on route. I prefer to fill every other day, so I reset the odo and watch the miles and the fuel, so I have an idea at the end of the day if I have to fuel then or it can wait till sometime the next.

brownstreak86

I wish this was my route. I am not physically exhausted at the end of the day after running it... Yeah we use a fuel card. The first day on this route I filled up twice on route as I wasn't sure how far it was to the next station. And 286 miles and only 70 stops sounds good, but in the dark in the winter this route in Montana could be a real bear. This route belongs to someone who has had it for 20+ years though and knows his customers well. He has pretty good arrangements with places to leave packages and knows what cars his customers drive. I saved myself about 30 minutes of dirt road driving yesterday because someone told me to look for a red pickup truck with some three large German shepherds in the back. Sure enough I found this person in town.