Whats the "lightest" route in your center?

barnyard

KTM rider
My daughter lives in Big Sandy, I spoke to the driver that delivers to her area. He has the same kind of route. Can save 100 miles by meeting the right people in town.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My daughter lives in Big Sandy, I spoke to the driver that delivers to her area. He has the same kind of route. Can save 100 miles by meeting the right people in town.

When I had my country run I would always try to leave "chasers" in town whenever possible. Most people didn't mind but there were always a few who preferred that we bring it to their house.

Just curious what the lightest/most extended route in your center in like? We got one route that does about 215 miles with 70 stops and 80 pieces, all out in the country. I'm sure there have to be some routes somewhere that do half that many stops. Whats the "lightest" where you work?
Mine

Dr.Brownz

how do you guys have such routes?

The heaviest routes in my building do 137 stops with 10 pickups and 45 miles and the other does 160 stops with 32 miles and 7 pickups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

The heaviest routes in my building do 137 stops with 10 pickups and 45 miles and the other does 160 stops with 32 miles and 7 pickups.

I dont understand my post was already censored but you felt the need to edit it so the first sentence becomes void of meaning?

CanGuy

I've been covering a route for the last few months. It's around 130-140 deliveries and 20-30 pick ups. I'm punched out by 5:30 everyday and do about 80 kilometres, lots of stops but the route is so tight it's gravy and I live on it so I go home for lunch, win win!

Savvy412

holy :censored2:

Every day i do 90 miles..200-220 4 pickups.. where the hell is your center!?!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our lightest is 47-54 stops. 270 miles. A lot of bulk stops with a little res mixed in. He usually goes out with 450 pieces and another 250 in a TP60.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The Minnesota part.
vpY74iS.gif

SmithBarney

I used to cover a satellite center that had 4 routes, one of the routes would be about 30-40 stops, and 70-100miles problem was most stops were ranches, some with upwards of 5-6 cattle gates that you have to open/close manually as you cross properties.. and no leaving them at the gate.. Fun times, most of the time it was run out of a F350 with a walk-in box in the back... not a bad route until you realize that you didn't get on road until NOON most days. And Pickups HAH, most went out the next day.

SmithBarney

How did you like the F350? We had one a few years ago and the drivers hated it. Couldn't figure out why.

I only ran it a few times, but the seating position was not convenient for say "in town" fast deliveries but it was better suited for rural, although we had 2 of these get nearly totalled because they were so top heavy, drivers put them in a ditch.

Otherwise the best asset was 4WD.

Ours had a 2'x2' door/hatch outside the box just behind drivers door, and it lined up with a slanted shelf that if you loaded correctly your next stop(if the right size) was always at the door/hatch, because yes getting in and out of the back was a chore. So if you loaded right, you were only getting in the back 5-10times to resort to the bottom tilted shelf that leads to the hatch.

Looked like this one(but ours was probably a 1995)
Couldn't find one with a Hatch but it was right around under the UPS logo.
9320014366_e1225036ef_b.jpg

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I only ran it a few times, but the seating position was not convenient for say "in town" fast deliveries but it was better suited for rural, although we had 2 of these get nearly totalled because they were so top heavy, drivers put them in a ditch.

Otherwise the best asset was 4WD.

Ours had a 2'x2' door/hatch outside the box just behind drivers door, and it lined up with a slanted shelf that if you loaded correctly your next stop(if the right size) was always at the door/hatch, because yes getting in and out of the back was a chore. So if you loaded right, you were only getting in the back 5-10times to resort to the bottom tilted shelf that leads to the hatch.
Ours were accident prone as well from what I remember. Thanks for the info, very interesting.