Whats the "lightest" route in your center?

SmithBarney

How did you like the F350? We had one a few years ago and the drivers hated it. Couldn't figure out why.

Funny I remember it on the drivers side, maybe it was..maybe it wasn't who knows
but there you have it. So the shelf is tilted toward the front of the vehicle, each time you brake, the packages will in theory slide forward on the shelf and be right there behind the door when you open it. BIgger boxes leave near the rear door so you don't climb in.
9320016092_bef9728275_b.jpg

UPSER110

I covered a route last week. 200 miles, 41 stops, 61 pieces, 0 pick ups, and punched out a 6. I felt like all I did was drive and get a tan on my left arm.

JL 0513

It seems like many of you posting live away from the coasts judging by the mileage being done.

Those figures are all foreign to me. I'm on the east coast of MA so it's densely populated almost everywhere.

Our two furthest routes from our center is about 18 miles away in opposite directions. Our only country route does about 115 miles (15 mi from center) and 135 stops for a 9 hr day. That's our most spread out route. Other suburban town routes do 150 stops / 5-10 p/u's / 75 mi a day. Then a bunch of high volume city routes and a mall route.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It seems like many of you posting live away from the coasts judging by the mileage being done.

Those figures are all foreign to me. I'm on the east coast of MA so it's densely populated almost everywhere.

Our two furthest routes from our center is about 18 miles away in opposite directions. Our only country route does about 115 miles (15 mi from center) and 135 stops for a 9 hr day. That's our most spread out route. Other suburban town routes do 150 stops / 5-10 p/u's / 75 mi a day. Then a bunch of high volume city routes and a mall route.
I'd have to check, but I bet you 40% of our drivers have to drive more than 18 miles to get on area. We have 2 guys who pull TP60s for satellites who won't even start delivering for 2 hours after they leave the building.

underworked1

A good judge of how country a route is, is by how many very scary wooden bridges are on it. The kind of bridge you find down a dirt road and looks like it was built in 1935. As you cross it the loose boards are popping up and down because they aren't fastened ..just laid across steel beams.

Dr.Brownz

A good judge of how country a route is, is by how many very scary wooden bridges are on it. The kind of bridge you find down a dirt road and looks like it was built in 1935. As you cross it the loose boards are popping up and down because they aren't fastened ..just laid across steel beams.

We have a route with creek crossings here. During spring that route will run 10 to 30 miles extra going around them. In winter its ec or leave in "town"

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
IMG_20160401_160734947.jpg

I got a few of these. Must be a rural route!

SmithBarney

No.....you got guard rails. And no gaps in the boards. And nobody standing on the bridge fishing off it.
Makes me remember one such bridge... it was short, and it was narrow and it was made out of an old FLAT RAILCAR.
Looked like this, without rails, and just a small lip on either side made out of L shaped steel....
125-VAST-rail-car-bridge.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a few of stops out in the sticks where the land owners built their own bridges. Some of those were spooky.