What's The Right Way To Complain?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Personally I think this is just a disgruntled consignee who's angry that he had to drive 20 miles to pickup his package. Many people have suggested reasons why the driver is requiring a signature and Jimbo still insists on getting the driver in trouble. It's at the driver's discretion what he needs to do to cover his @ss.

But if the customer is willing to sign something in hard writing to be held liable for DR'ed package, they the driver should comply.
THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!!!

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
write a note and stick it on your door, the note shall read:

Dear Driver, I am dying of AIDS and I need those package as I am unable to go outside to buy anything . For the love of God, please leave them by the door and knock 3 times. God bless the brown machine........

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
In short, I'm PAYING for a service that I am not getting and that driver is getting paid for a job he is not doing.
Umm, this may seem like a minor point, but unless you have been paying UPS directly for shipping, unfortunately, UPS (and I'm referring to the company, not its drivers) does not see things that way. You are the consignee, not the shipper. If you happen to be buying a lot from any one particular vendor, or perhaps any large companies that may be major accounts for UPS, you should let them know of your troubles. Complaints to UPS from them may bring swift corrective action.

RedThunder

Call the center and ask for a Shipper Release Certification. If you fill that form out and return it to UPS then all your packages should get driver released without any problem. It does, however, absolve UPS of any responsibility of your package being stolen. They will not pay a claim if you claim non receipt of the package. The drivers diad will show that info when he attempts delivery. At least thats the way it works in my center. If you have a package that is then not delivered the driver has no defense.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Jimbo, reading your posts I can only agree with what most have said in that methinks your house/condo number has been blacklisted. I mean, you say you live in a gated community with a guard out front. Well gee, seems to me your area would be a safe place to just leave the package. It didn't make sense to me for the driver to drag the package up to your door and sit there while writing out an info notice and then do the same thing the next two days when he easily could have just dumped the package on your doorstep on the first delivery attempt. Then again, maybe he's new and is leery of driver releasing stuff. I know when I was new I was loathe to leave stuff until I got a lecture from senior drivers about all my send-agains.

Good times.

browniehound

Then again, how do you explain why he would cross out the signature release portion on the InfoNotice for a package that does not even need a signature?
?

I'll explain it this way to you. Some consignees like yourself will try signing the infonotice when we clearly mark on the notice that a "signature is required in person". So by "blacking out" the "sign here to have you package left" certain knuckle heads won't be tempted to cross out the "signature required in person" box and try and sign the infonotice. How much clearer do we have to be to you idiots?

browniehound

OK, I'll certainly do that.

I really have a lot of respect for what you UPS folks do, and I'm consistently amazed that I can order something over the internet, and for relatively little money, have it in my hot little hands about 48-72 hours later.
Really, when you think about it, that is pretty neat. :thumbup1:

Your "hot little hands"? :confused:1:confused:1 Maybe the driver is afraid that you'll hit on him again if he comes into contact with you. That has to be the reason he is avoiding you.

Jimbo

I'll explain it this way to you. Some consignees like yourself will try signing the infonotice when we clearly mark on the notice that a "signature is required in person". So by "blacking out" the "sign here to have you package left" certain knuckle heads won't be tempted to cross out the "signature required in person" box and try and sign the infonotice. How much clearer do we have to be to you idiots?

One more time then it's off to bed for you: the package DID NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE.
Did you lips move when you read that?

I have to give UPS a lot of credit.
That they would trust a mentally deficient, social-:censored2:, with the reading comprehension skills of an autistic four-year-old, like you, any job - reaffirms my faith in the basic humanity of corporate America.

God bless the Brown Machine indeed... :thumbup1:

stopcomplete

When you see the green sticker you hit pkg info on the diad hit "sig required" and they back bill the shipper just like address correction. Of course the green stickers do fall off on the walk up some times.

Treegrower

Try calling Atlanta I believe the corporate number is 1-404-828-6000 and ask for Mike Eskew. Another number in Atlanta would be the Public Relations number at 1-404-828-7123.
Follow up by writing to Mike Eskew at UPS Corporate Headquarters 55 Glen Lake Atlanta,Ga.
See if that helps at all.

Jimbo

Request That Your Pkgs Be Sent Us Mail. Then Your Mailman Can Stuff Them In Your Mailbox With Out A Signature

That would work, but for two minor problems.
1. Sending by US Mail is usually not an option with the people I buy from.
2. I don't have a mailbox the size of a washing machine to fit the packages.

But thanks for the suggestions.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Seriously, did you contact the center?
A 23 yr employee, I was in great distress when a pkg I sent from Ohio to TX, got misloaded, and tracking showed it wasnt going to be delivered on my Grandsons birthday. To make it worse, I was suppose to be there on his birthday, but didnt make it coz as luck would have it my husband had a heart attack, and open heart, thus we could not go, DUH. Im #$%^&, and moaning, and saying how can this happen. I called the 800 number, the center mgr called me back, i told him of my plight, and being a distraught female, I was livid. "how can this happen, blah blah blah" This guy made sure it got delivered from 100 miles outta the center. And that is what UPS people do. Someone went above and beyond. So I have a hard time understanding this. I think it is an easy fix.
Now I see it arrived and is rescheduled??????

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Try calling Atlanta I believe the corporate number is 1-404-828-6000 and ask for Mike Eskew. Another number in Atlanta would be the Public Relations number at 1-404-828-7123.
Follow up by writing to Mike Eskew at UPS Corporate Headquarters 55 Glen Lake Atlanta,Ga.
See if that helps at all.

This will not work since Eskew no longers works for Big Brown.

helenofcalifornia

I was saying that Jimbo said some not nice things about the previous poster and that, speaking just for me, I flipped on Jimbo, who I supported, and lost interest in his story. The driver who didn't DR was wrong, but don't dis my fellow brethern brown posters.