What's up with Memphis?

5yearsleft

My station has called for mandatory overtime for everyone on Saturday. Friday shouldn't be too bad because we are only going to get one days worth of freight from them. No new flights can get into Memphis (No planes for us to send ours on) so there shouldn't be additional freight coming out tomorrow. We are trucking all freight from our metro area down to Indy & Memphis, it won't get to memphis till Saturday.

Purplepackage

See all depends on where you are, where I am ALL of our freight comes through MEM(cept the local babo which is not much) your local might account for a lot more freight

Our local accounts for a lot of our freight but no matter what with no Memphis today I'm waiting for our double Memphis day

Artee

Memphis airport was shut down yesterday. No flights in or out. All freight last night on the west coast in hubs and ramps were being bulk loaded into trailers to be trucked to Memphis. Station Ops manager told me Saturday at his station was going to be a regular weekday sort and delivery day. So glad I am not a courier.

dezguy

They were asking for volunteers to work tomorrow. Last I heard, they were having a hard time convincing anyone but the PT's to come in.

Slick silver

The only thing good about being a swing, is no mandatory. Got to love the guilt trip they put on everyone who won't volunteer. I just tell the to stick it now

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were first told (today) that tomorrow was mandatory. Then later they sent out texts saying that it is now voluntary and it will make Monday much easier. Three days worth of freight sitting in my truck. I'll see them on Monday. There are only so many stops I can do in a day. I'll deal with it then.

Purplepackage

My station is a running a Tuesday schedule on Monday as well. Everyone that can work is working Monday, but tomorrow we were told to expect normal in bound for a saturday as our extra Memphis isn't coming until Monday

Nolimitz

This place is hosed. You'd think after 40+ years they would have some sort of diversion plan that could be put in place. to have all the eggs in MeM is just stupid. this storm has friend'ed the last two weeks.

Mandatory workday at my Station tomorrow Tuesday plan only got a1/3 of my stops Thursday left bldg at 1300 today only got 1/4 of my stops left bldg at 1100 don't know how tomorrow is gonna look but there is a whole bunch of frt in the pipeline coming oh and most of my frt today was Thursday p1, fo & p2 so I guess this is the calm before the storm so to speak.

whenIgetthere

We had two CTV's arrive at the station at 1800 tonight, plenty of freight to start the sort tomorrow morning. I'm T-S so I welcome the extra work, I'll get my 8 hours instead of 5 or 6.

Purplepackage

Saturday update: standing around waiting for the freight, went out to deliver 11 leftovets from yesterday with another guy and had a nice McDonald's breakfast lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Saturday update: standing around waiting for the freight, went out to deliver 11 leftovets from yesterday with another guy and had a nice McDonald's breakfast lol

We had two CTV's arrive at the station at 1800 tonight, plenty of freight to start the sort tomorrow morning. I'm T-S so I welcome the extra work, I'll get my 8 hours instead of 5 or 6.

I'm so glad I didn't agree to work today.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Me neither.
When the text messages went out yesterday, I specifically texted my SR back that I did not want to work.