Whats up with Walmart?

Sign___Here

Sure have been seeing a ton lately in express. They came out and announced they were going to hire their own folks to deliver last year. Maybe they figured they cant handle it? Thoughts??

Sparky

Not here, almost every box that has to be repacked or taped is a Walmart box in my station. Many of the boxes we get look like older Amazon boxes with the label between the flaps, one piece of tape for heavy packages and oversized boxes for lots of items.

McFeely

Huge Member
Do any of you guys have a WM distribution center near you? A W700 used to be enough to do the daily pickup, now the ramp is sending a 53' truck straight there and bulking it out.

::edit:: This is for one that I know about in CO. Anybody have any idea how many distribution centers there are around the country?

Purplepackage

Do any of you guys have a WM distribution center near you? A W700 used to be enough to do the daily pickup, now the ramp is sending a 53' truck straight there and bulking it out.

::edit:: This is for one that I know about in CO. Anybody have any idea how many distribution centers there are around the country?

It's happening at all their regional distribution centers. We are also bulking about 2 700s every Monday at all of our Walmart super centers

STFXG

We now get to split our Walmart deliveries. One stop is for in store stuff, the other stop is customer pickup/ship to store.

It will be fine

Are there separate receiving areas for GM and Ship to Store? The Walmart I deliver to accepts both at the same time.
Both go the same receiving area. Our Vision sorting system just breaks out 2 stops and we scan them separately. I assume there's some benefit on the back end tech side to more easily find what ship to store stuff has arrived.

DeliveryException

The only split I've gotten when doing Express deliveries is for pharmacy. Have to manually split the vision center because receiving won't sign for that either. Sam's is basically the same except also have to split out the hearing center as well. Luckily they are in the same parking lot, sometimes 5 stops between the 2.

rod

Retired 22 years
The only split I've gotten when doing Express deliveries is for pharmacy. Have to manually split the vision center because receiving won't sign for that either. Sam's is basically the same except also have to split out the hearing center as well. Luckily they are in the same parking lot, sometimes 5 stops between the 2.

back in the old days I could make that 10

CJinx

We now get to split our Walmart deliveries. One stop is for in store stuff, the other stop is customer pickup/ship to store.
We have Vision splitting up Walmart general deliveries, store pickup, pharmacy, and any kiosk/standalone stores in the building.

Sparky

We have Vision splitting up Walmart general deliveries, store pickup, pharmacy, and any kiosk/standalone stores in the building.
Meanwhile one of the malls in my station that I cover at combines all the stores, kiosks, management, security, and food court deliveries into one stop some days

CJinx

Meanwhile one of the malls in my station that I cover at combines all the stores, kiosks, management, security, and food court deliveries into one stop some days
Your Vision coordinator needs to be tarred and feathered for this. Especially if this is a mall that gets so many deliveries daily that it gets it's own truck. I'd hate to see the load quality on a truck like that with a terrible Vision plan. lol

Purplepackage

Your Vision coordinator needs to be tarred and feathered for this. Especially if this is a mall that gets so many deliveries daily that it gets it's own truck. I'd hate to see the load quality on a truck like that with a terrible Vision plan. lol

Pretty sure he is express. We have a massive mall that has 2 sides and a lot of double stores, takes almost all day to deliver. Our roads system will group every store as xxxx mall road so the stop sheet will say you have 30 total stops that day but you really have almost 120

Star B

White Lightening
Pretty sure he is express. We have a massive mall that has 2 sides and a lot of double stores, takes almost all day to deliver. Our roads system will group every store as xxxx mall road so the stop sheet will say you have 30 total stops that day but you really have almost 120
Yep, some days, when it feels REALLY nice, it'll give you a .2, .3 and maybe, just maybe, if it got enough coke the night before, a .4.

When I'm sent to that fourth circle of hell, I just 'deliver package' and scan the address barcode. I use the original stop as a 'how many packages do I have left' counter.

Purplepackage

Yep, some days, when it feels REALLY nice, it'll give you a .2, .3 and maybe, just maybe, if it got enough coke the night before, a .4.

When I'm sent to that fourth circle of hell, I just 'deliver package' and scan the address barcode. I use the original stop as a 'how many packages do I have left' counter.

I can't stand that route, the stores don't make it any easier either. Package just says GameStop on it, you get to gamestop and it turns out it's actually for the game stop on the other side of the mall....some days it would take me almost 9 hours to get that done