Whats up with Walmart?

It will be fine

I can't stand that route, the stores don't make it any easier either. Package just says GameStop on it, you get to gamestop and it turns out it's actually for the game stop on the other side of the mall....some days it would take me almost 9 hours to get that done
It takes 9 hours to deliver to a GameStop? Talk about milking the clock.

BROWNCAT

Haven't seen Walmart packages in my area in a long time, only FedEx... till this week... lots of Walmart deliveries this week... Looks like they are already opening the flood gates...

SmithBarney

Walmart has also started drop shipping from suppliers as well, we have one stop that used to get maybe 5-10 pieces a day(FXG got a lot more then) now we are running 3000-6000pieces all walmart, daily.

SmithBarney

Also we are getting a ton of wal-mart deliveries that do not indicate they are from walmart.
you'll notice the shipper release number is the same for a variety of shippers, but they are orders originating from Walmart.com

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a new delivery procedure for Pickup at Store packages effective 2/17. We are directed to deliver all of the General Merchandise in one stack first and then all of the Pickup at Store in another stack. They want us to close out the GM before scanning the PaS. Rather than having Theresa sign the DIAD twice, I put both stops in to prerecord so that she only has to sign once.

Our PDS told me that corporate will begin tracking these deliveries to ensure compliance and to monitor volume. He said they really expect this volume to increase dramatically.

whenIgetthere

Pretty sure he is express. We have a massive mall that has 2 sides and a lot of double stores, takes almost all day to deliver. Our roads system will group every store as xxxx mall road so the stop sheet will say you have 30 total stops that day but you really have almost 120

And don't you love the ones that have just a persons name and the mall address, and you can't figure out who it's for by the shippers name, either.

McFeely

Huge Member
And don't you love the ones that have just a persons name and the mall address, and you can't figure out who it's for by the shippers name, either.

Put a DEX on it at your first stop. Hopefully dispatch would have a correct add by the time you get to the mall. If not, tough titties for that customer. They can come get it at the station :)

Star B

White Lightening
I consider that replacing assets. I love the new printers. Print so fast. Gives me that extra .003SPH boost when I'm at the clinics punching 66100 LK and hitting the powerpad like a toddler on crack.

whenIgetthere

Put a DEX on it at your first stop. Hopefully dispatch would have a correct add by the time you get to the mall. If not, tough titties for that customer. They can come get it at the station :)

I would check at mall office or any stores that had deliveries, if couldn't find it by then, I'd DEX08 it. That route also did the pick ups at the mall, so I could always deliver it when I went back for the pick up cycle.

Purplepackage

There is a cricket wireless store that has never once put a store name in their stuff, at this point I just learned 3 of the managers names so I just know where it goes

dezguy

Supposedly that's the incentive for us to REX a package. But it doesn't always work. I REX a Verizon store on my route nearly 5 times a week and they still can't get it right.
Rexing doesn't correct the address in the system. It's just a revenue tool for FedEx. In the end, it is up to the sender to ensure they have the correct address. You rexing the package just puts more money into FedEx's pockets.

McFeely

Huge Member
Yes it's cash for FedEx but also in theory the sender would see a address correction charge on their bill and rectify it in their records. Whenever I deliver a bad address package to the corrected address, I casually mention it to the recipient just so they are aware that it could cause delays in their stuff getting delivered.

CJinx

Yes it's cash for FedEx but also in theory the sender would see a address correction charge on their bill and rectify it in their records. Whenever I deliver a bad address package to the corrected address, I casually mention it to the recipient just so they are aware that it could cause delays in their stuff getting delivered.
More often than not, the recipient has to raise hell with their shipper about delays due to bad addresses to get things fixed. We can charge shippers for address corrections but all they have to do is go to their account executive and threaten to take their business elsewhere to make the bill go away.