What's you predictions for the Ohio rider?

Stonefish

407, I am sure you are a tough guy but in this particular situation following in line with the I.B.T. and doing what they asked you to, to get this give back contract full of concessions and an unsustainable health plan doesn't make you a tough guy in this situation. In my opinion standing up to this contract and demanding a good contract with sustainable health care is a much tougher thing to do than being an I.B.T. drone.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Or how about this. He stood up for what he believed in taking shots from people on BC that disagreed with him and still not caving. That's a man.

Stonefish

I trust in your insight and wisdom like I trust the weather.
Going to a panel qualifies you for what?
It evidently doesn't make you a more honest person.

Some truth but not the whole picture in every case. The voting percentages are a good indication of the apathy in the ranks but there are underlying issues in many locals and you could see that in the locals that voted No.
407 appreciates his local and probably they have earned his allegiance. That's great. Actually, that's awesome.
There's a few locals down south that are truly disgusted with their leadership and are working on changing that.

It's not a simple fix. There are other variables.

I appreciate your comments my biggest issue is you can't make change (and I don't necessarily mean you) if you don't get involved. The leaders in locals in Central and Southern Ohio got elected. If people are unhappy then they need to make change and don't sit on the sidelines and blame the union because they need to look in the mirror.

10 point

407, are you getting stressed out because you're a hero and we aren't bowing down to you?
I don't bow down to men and your self proclaimed toughness doesn't impress me.
Face to face you and your friends would find out that the teamsters and leaders that stood against this TA don't kiss anyone rings or rears.
Your rep is only important to you. Get over it.

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, again knowing the definition of " unsustainable" and ignoring it because it hurts to much to think people you have trusted in the past aren't telling the whole truth is not a stand alone man thing. I don't know 407 personally and I am sure he is a great guy but in this situation he ignored what I know he understood because it was to important for him to not make waves over something that is so easy and clear to understand. Martin Luther King could of just fell in line and done the easy thing. Instead he did the unpopular thing and stood up for his people. I think 407 is that kind of guy but in this case he and others exhibited blind faith.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

Or how about this. He stood up for what he believed in taking shots from people on BC that disagreed with him and still not caving. That's a man.
Were not caving either.( Although my wife does want me to get off here and take her to dinner. For that, I have to cave.)

10 point

I appreciate your comments my biggest issue is you can't make change (and I don't necessarily mean you) if you don't get involved. The leaders in locals in Central and Southern Ohio got elected. If people are unhappy then they need to make change and don't sit on the sidelines and blame the union because they need to look in the mirror.
That, my fellow Teamster is truth.

ezmoney5150

407, I am sure you are a tough guy but in this particular situation falling in line with the I.B.T. and doing what they asked you to, to get this give back contract full of concessions and an unsustainable health plan passed doesn't make you a tough guy, in this situation. In my opinion standing up to this contract and demanding a good contract with sustainable health care is a much tougher thing to do than being an I.B.T. drone.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The difference is 407 and I don't follow blindly. We've both questioned things. We have come to the conclusion this is a good contract because of one thing. Common Sense. Which doesn't seem to be that common on here.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Stonefish, again knowing the definition of " unsustainable" and ignoring it because it hurts to much to think people you have trusted in the past aren't telling the whole truth is not a stand alone man thing. I don't know 407 personally and I am sure he is a great guy but in this situation he ignored what I know he understood because it was to important for him to not make waves over something that is so easy and clear to understand. Martin Luther King could of just fell in line and done the easy thing. Instead he did the unpopular thing and stood up for his people. I think 407 is that kind of guy but in this case he and others exhibited blind faith.

Sent using BrownCafe App

What little I know 407 I appreciate people standing strong on their opinions. You included. We disagree on the issues. Unsustainable or not we will be in TeamCare soon. I hope for everyone's sake it works out. No one has a crystal ball. The Ohio Rider passed the members spoke.

ezmoney5150

Sent using BrownCafe App
I think you're mistaking MLK with Malcolm X. I'm a fan of X.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's because it's members do t get involved. When 24% vote the union is weak. When 100 show up out of 3,000 at a union meeting the union is weak. When people are more concerned with washing their car than showing up at an organizing meeting the union is weak. When people making 100 grand in wages plus another 40 grand in benefits and bad rap their union the union is weak. That my brother is sad BUT it is the truth.
So, Stoney....do you think?...that when the Teamsters, passed out, Stop The Harassment stickers. It was a show of strength, by our union?.....or show that our...leader...wears a maxi pad??

Irishman Collins

There is much fight left in the vote noers. I would imagine it will be quite some time before I am in Teamcare. Here is an idea, why don't we all start a campaign together and write to our politicians about giving exemptions to unions and asking them to do what they promised in the first place. That way quite possibly no one will be in an "unsustainable", health plan

Sent using BrownCafe App

ezmoney5150

So, Stoney....do you think?...that when the Teamsters, passed out, Stop The Harassment stickers. It was a show of strength, by our union?.....or show that our...leader...wears a maxi pad??
It means the IBT has your back. But you have put your big boy pants on and stand up for yourself and file grievances.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

There is much fight left in the vote noers. I would imagine it will be quite some time before I am in Teamcare. Here is an idea, why don't we all start a campaign together and write to our politicians about giving exemptions to unions and asking them to do what they promised in the first place. That way quite possibly no one will be in an "unsustainable", health plan

Sent using BrownCafe App

I think you will be in TeamCare sooner than later. It is sustainable

Anonymous 12

Non active member
407, are you getting stressed out because you're a hero and we aren't bowing down to you?
I don't bow down to men and your self proclaimed toughness doesn't impress me.
Face to face you and your friends would find out that the teamsters and leaders that stood against this TA don't kiss anyone rings or rears.
Your rep is only important to you. Get over it.
I could care less what you or anyone on this forum thinks of me. I need God to know I'm trying to be the best man I can be. I need my wife to support me and watch out for me. I need my kids to make right what I went through as a kid. I need my local to be the best they can be because we are all watching out for each other's livelyhood. My wife and kids need me and my allegiance and love for my local is an extension of a family. We watch each other's back. That's a union. It would be great if all 3400 hundred of my local stuck together but that's not the case because nothing is perfect. It's kinda lie the movie 300. Sometimes the guys you stand with might not be the biggest army but if they stick together they can be fierce.

Irishman Collins

Great point all the tough talk about harrasment and what did we get, nothing. By the way has anyone ever seen our general president at their work place any other time except for when there is a general election or some political issue he is trying to drum up support for. Hoffa Sr, loved to visit his membership and he was adored and loved for it! I just wish the Apple had not fallen off the tree and rolled down to the corporate lawyers house

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Great point all the tough talk about harrasment and what did we get nothing. By the way has anyone ever seen our general president at their work place any other time except for when there is a general election or some political issue he is trying to drum up support for. Hoffa Sr, loved to visit his membership and he was adored and loved for it! I just wish the Apple had not fallen off the tree and rolled down to the corporate lawyers house

Sent using BrownCafe App

Man why all the negativity? Where is all the love? The harassment language changed. Have you ever negotiated a contract?