Whats your backup plan?

JL 0513

We live on about 25%-35% of household income. I could quit today and do nothing and still live exactly the same way as I do now. I would be unable to continue to save as aggressively, but probably have enough to get us to the other side of the ground anyways.

That said, I would pursue other abilities I have.

I'd say enjoy life while you're young enough to enjoy it. Within reason of course. Saving 2/3rd's of your household income may backfire when (not if) the dollar collapses. The country is adding $1 trillion of debt every 1-2 years and it will soon be snowballing much faster as the babyboomer generation suck every last entitlement dollar left.

I feel very bad for the savers in this country. Trying to prepare and be responsible all the while the government is creating an inevitable bust that will leave the dollar far less valuable in the future.

Enjoy a good portion of your fruits now.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
I use the diad and its pouch to practice my quick draw skills so that when the zombie Apocalypse happens I'll have a career as hired gun.

Sent using BrownCafe App

mrbrownstone

I have a Bachelors degree and even with a degree I don't want to loose this job so my plan is to not screw up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I passed a ground clown who was wearing a stained white tank top while driving his truck.
Ground clown...lol. I saw one last week delivering to a store...walking in with a package in one hand, and eating a sandwich with the other. Like really, you couldn't leave that in your truck for 3 minutes?

Z

ZQXC

Don't need a backup plan; I'll be dead in 10 years.
The gubment can take care of me in the interim.

Z

ZQXC

Ground clown...lol. I saw one last week delivering to a store...walking in with a package in one hand, and eating a sandwich with the other. Like really, you couldn't leave that in your truck for 3 minutes?

No ma'am, It's his job to deliver that package.

Oh wait.........Were you making reference to the sandwich?

Z

ZQXC

Maybe it was a fish sandwich and he was afraid it would go bad in that hot truck.

Is this thing on? Tough crowd......

Packmule

Welcome to life at ups. Seems like they spend thousands of dollars hiring you, training you, licensing you, and dressing you for the street. Then they spend every waking moment trying to find a way to fire you. Or overload you, get you out late, get you in a bind so you get hurt.
For most of us, relief started the moment we became eligible for a retirement check and knew no longer would all that hard work be totally wasted if something happened. From that point on, you just kind of coast along one day at a time.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Got my 30 in and plan to retire in three years. My back up plan is to work seven more years if my son needs help for school.