Whats your backup plan?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got my 30 in and plan to retire in three years. My back up plan is to work seven more years if my son needs help for school.

I am glad that someone mentioned this and don't mean to use you as an example but proper planning along the way would have allowed you to leave on your own terms, not your son's. Working 7 more years to help your son pay for school? I don't think so---they are called student loans for a reason.

I will be 58 and debt-free, including my mortgage, when I get my 30. I will have $200K in my 401K and a $5K/month pension. I will leave on my terms and will have the ability and freedom to do whatever the hell I want.

Z

ZQXC

I am glad that someone mentioned this and don't mean to use you as an example but proper planning along the way would have allowed you to leave on your own terms, not your son's. Working 7 more years to help your son pay for school? I don't think so---they are called student loans for a reason.

I will be 58 and debt-free, including my mortgage, when I get my 30. I will have $200K in my 401K and a $5K/month pension. I will leave on my terms and will have the ability and freedom to do whatever the hell I want.

.....again with the 5K a month pension. Really?

And since you mentioned it, "What in the hell, Do you want to do?"

Z

ZQXC

Just think..............

You could have been 50.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would love to learn how to fly.

I would love to become a photographer.

I would love to be the best Grandpa that I can be.

I would love to meet someone with whom I can spend the rest of my life.

I would love to use my new-found free time to help those less fortunate.

Z

ZQXC

All worthwhile!

And I hope you find the right guy........

P

pickup

My back up plan is basic. When I approach a bay door or loading dock , I drive parallel to the building. When my rear axles pass the far edge of the bay door , I turn my tractor wheels to the right and wait until my tractor is in the 12 o'clock position , I then turn my wheels to the left and wait until my tractor is in the 11 or 10 o 'clock position, depending on how my trailer lined up.

I am now in the ideal position to back up. I have my four ways on and honk the horn twice. As I back up, I follow up my backing by occasionally turning my wheels to the right and then back to the left. As I come in for my landing, my final adjustments are subtle and just the icing on the cake.

Trailer backed in, open up the trailer door hub rats, I have brought you sustenance.

Z

ZQXC

UPState, Can't we keep the conversation civil?

(Someone) is not gender specific, which leaves the reading audience open to conjecture.

Are you by any chance a homophobe? Does this mean that Indecision has no chance?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

I just want to make sure my son has as little debt to start off. Too many kids are starting off with a ton of debt and slim job prospects. As much as I want to hang them up after three more years, reality may force me to work four more to give the kid a break. However, if he gets a bunch of scholarships, three and I'm done.