Whats your input on this ?

quad decade guy

While this thread is all over the place, I have to agree about working off the clock until making seniority. My experience was don't even take a crap all day until you make it. As gross and unbelievable as that may seem it's truth. And even after you make seniority, they'll still come after you. Some folks on BC make it sound like they work for another company, but my experience was just that. UPS is infamous for it. It ain't about skin color. My whole mgt. team is minority(whatever that means). Throw a rock any direction and you will hit a person of color(whatever that means). I know this from day one-do whatever it takes to make seniority. It's not right but worry about that later.

PPH_over_9000

Also, every veteran driver I talked to during my 30 told me come in early to sort your truck, and work through your lunch. This was not some young runner, but 20 year guys who follow the methods and don’t work off the clock. Had one guy tell me that no matter how good you feel about scratching, do not take an actual lunch until day 31. They have 30 days to jerk you around and then you have 30 years to stick it to them.

Same in my center. Hell, the only way I know how to put in my lunch break is at the end of the day through the TimeCard option. I was shown and told to eat what you can when you can and just log in the hour when you get back to the building.

We were also encouraged to come in early and sort the truck. Once I qualified I continued to do that... until I showed up a few days in a row 2 hours early to 250+ stops and climbing, a bricked out truck that was loaded like a trailer and a mountain of boxes outside the truck blocking access and belt egress. Now I show up about 10min before my PCM, but I still log my lunch at the end of the day when I get back to the building regardless of whether or not I eat on-road.

As far as race goes, I'm a white guy with a management team full of "minorities." New drivers are predominantly black, all the on-roads are black, our dispatch supervisor's black, the clerks have a white guy, two black women and one absolutely awesome Latin American with maybe a few others that I've never seen, about 85% of the other drivers are black, about half of the old-timers are black, and to top it off the company calls itself "Brown."

My opinion? OP's a clown and was treated accordingly by the company.

JJinVA

I look white as hell some days, hispanic if I'm in FL people walk up to me and go off in Spanish at 60 mph… people have said I look mixed

I'm a Sicilian/Palestinian-American Muslim male. I haven't ever felt, in any neighborhood, like I was the "white" delivery guy or "other". So please @JJinVA STFU at this point you ruined it with race.

You just said you're not white, not to mention you don't live in my area or run my route, so I'd say it's probably you who needs to stfu. Look, im always down to throw hands with anyone. I grew up scrapping and am not afraid of trading blows with anyone. But this is not a very popular point in time to be white apparently and I don't have the luxury of looking Mexican or whatever you said. My problem though not yours. I'm gonna do what I feel is necessary to keep myself out of prison. And avoiding notoriously low IQ areas like the ghetto past 10pm when everyone is standing in the street drinking 40s and smoking blunts is a pretty good way to stay out prison

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
You just said you're not white, not to mention you don't live in my area or run my route, so I'd say it's probably you who needs to stfu. Look, im always down to throw hands with anyone. I grew up scrapping and am not afraid of trading blows with anyone. But this is not a very popular point in time to be white apparently and I don't have the luxury of looking Mexican or whatever you said. My problem though not yours. I'm gonna do what I feel is necessary to keep myself out of prison. And avoiding notoriously low IQ areas like the ghetto past 10pm when everyone is standing in the street drinking 40s and smoking blunts is a pretty good way to stay out prison
Post was directed at @charlie22 … forgive me I'm a few Coors seltzers in.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I am neither black, white, or any race. I am GREEN.

1600143322685.png

@floridays

USMC. SO THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE. <3

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Always file the grievance because simply existing as much as possible towards them is as close as you can get to revenge for having wasted your time.