What's Your Relationship With Management?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
@Dragon whats your relationship with your on-roads?

Q. Do you make them train drivers weekly?
Q. Do you make them train new hires on how to drive a manual transmission?
Q. Are you ready to be on road all peak yourself to deliver volume? , have you ever done a route?
Q. In the event of no helpers being used ...what is your plan?

🧔✊

Est.1998

Finish him
1602891956788.jpeg

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
1 Supe is a braves fan so we talk about the braves a lot. Another Supe is a packers fan and we’ll go watch the games on sunday

purehavanne

I’m in a high turnover/washout center. 90+ drivers. There’s enough crappy drivers getting in trouble every day to make me look like Gods gift to delivery. The name of the game is to stay off the radar. I hardly say anything to management at all.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
@Dragon whats your relationship with your on-roads?

Q. Do you make them train drivers weekly?
Q. Do you make them train new hires on how to drive a manual transmission?
Q. Are you ready to be on road all peak yourself to deliver volume? , have you ever done a route?
Q. In the event of no helpers being used ...what is your plan?

🧔✊

Lol
You think they have a plan

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
I mock those who kiss managements ass and laugh when they complain about how they dont understand HOW they're getting screwed over. One actually admittedly questioned why she was such a pet if she was just getting screwed over.

It's sad because it doesn't have to be like this. It is what it is.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
How do you guys get along with management in your center? I have seen everything from the runners that walk around with a hint of supervisor nutsack on their breath to veterans that refuse to even converse with management without a shop steward present. One guy even rejects all UPS related calls and kindly instructs them to direct all communication through the DIAD. I personally have no use for management. I have seen the underhanded things they have done to guys and I avoid them. I walk in, fill my cooler, grab my DIAD/call tags and head to my car. Limit communication as much a possible.

There is none. No outside of work, no social media, nothing. I’m cordial with them at work, like I would be with a stranger.
There is nothing to be gained by being friends with them.

Dracula

Used to have a good management team till about 3months ago. Now all our ORS are new but 1 and my center manager is new also.

ORS right now are harmless because they don't know anything.

center manager is a real POS. He's been a center manager for a month and it's already obvious that he is extremely arrogant and his management style is to rule by fear. Anyone who doesn't fall in line or questions him gets observed the next day and written up for BS method violations.
"You didn't use your horn at 3 deliveries. That's a warning letter."

"I saw you didn't use your hazard lights when you stopped at every delivery. That's a warning letter."

He's even assigned a PT morning sup to administer the discipline to every driver in the morning. He refuses to discuss it with anyone.

My Steward told me that it's time to go to war. Any and all contract violations from name tags to harrasment for calling us on our cell phone(which he does a lot.) Is being filed.

Labor charges will be next I'm sure. He's too arrogant to not do or say something we can file a ULP on.
Does he wear a name tag?

Make him. They really, really hate this one. Typically, it’s reserved for when they go on a shoe’s shined, uniform regulation tear.
Just remember, National Contract, Article 20, Section 5. Examination and Identification Fees.

Black and white.

Attachments

• 4F15CC52-683A-460B-AE1A-200EB81FC5DE.jpeg
    4F15CC52-683A-460B-AE1A-200EB81FC5DE.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 96

542thruNthru

Does he wear a name tag?

Make him. They really, really hate this one. Typically, it’s reserved for when they go on a shoe’s shined, uniform regulation tear.
Just remember, National Contract, Article 20, Section 5. Examination and Identification Fees.

Black and white.
Yep we filed that one last week. :)

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Why do they call them on-road supervisors whenever they’re never “on-road” training? They should call them “ sitting in-chair supervisors”
🧔✊

DOK

I work here to make money and for the health benefits and pension. Don’t have time for this kind of drama. Management and hourly each have jobs to do to make this company run smoothly.

Dracula

Yep we filed that one last week. :)
Keep your foot down. It’s not for one center manager. It’s for EVERY member of management. For a company that hates to buy toilet paper, you know how they feel about having to pay some third party to stamp a bunch of tags that HAVE to be worn on property at all times.

Dracula

I work here to make money and for the health benefits and pension. Don’t have time for this kind of drama. Management and hourly each have jobs to do to make this company run smoothly.

Keep up the great work. Form your own union while you’re at it.